Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Just Catching Up

Last week when we were moving Otter, Bill was sneezing and coughing but we thought it was just the very strong wind we were dealing with.  However, it turned out that he actually had a cold coming on.  A cold which he then shared with me!  I've been fighting it since sometime on Saturday, it hit me when we were attempting to get the last of Otter's stuff moved.  Otter and I had made an attempt on Friday, but it was raining really hard so we put it off until Saturday and we invited Bill to help then.  She had to go to work on Saturday, so it was just Bill and myself.  Otter had discovered that there was an access point through the basement/laundry room which has a door through the firewall - so we could have moved everything on Wednesday without ever going outside in the wind and also she & I could have moved more on Friday when it was raining!  It meant more steps, but it would have been worth it!  Anyway, Bill and I made a few trips with the heavier boxes and qot quite a bit done but he was sick and I was coming down with it.

On Sunday morning, Otter picked up a friend of hers who had been unable to help on the actual moving day.  I met them at the old apartment (and was promptly lectured by both girls on not overdoing it) to finish up.  They let me vacuum both bedrooms and clean the fridge out, but they did not let me do much else.  In fact, they sent me home with instructions to get well!  I did give them lunch money.  They got everything finished and got the cleaning done.  Then Best Friend was able to stay overnight with Otter and they got a lot of her things unpacked.  Otter was called in to work a few extra hours on Sunday evening, also.

When I left, I brought Otter's car home with me because the temperature gauge was acting up again.  I was nearly home when the "low coolant" indicator came on.  Bill checked it and he thought that it had more air in it, which it did, but that the problem might be a loose radiator cap.  We drove it a little bit and it was fine, then he drove it to work yesterday (Monday) and today (Tuesday).  This morning, the low coolant light came on again and another light that we had checked before.  I'm going to take Otter's car back to her in the morning on my way to work and get my car back from her.  She is off the next two days and isn't planning on going anywhere, unless she has to get groceries or something.  On Saturday, Bill is going to take her car to the shop we've been using and have them check it.  Then we'll see what they say.

When Bill and I got home from her apartment on Saturday, I went straight to my pjs and parked on the couch.  I pretty much stayed then until Sunday morning when I got up to go back to her apartment.  After I got home on Sunday, I did the same thing.  And that's where I pretty much stayed.  I called in yesterday, I had hardly any voice left and have been coughing my head off.  I stayed home today, I am coughing less but my ribs still hurt from it.  It is a cold, but it has triggered my asthma.  Which is normal.  I'm going to attempt to go to work tomorrow, for one thing I need to go switch cars with Otter, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay all day or not.  Mostly, I've been parked on the couch with a blanket and a beagle for the last couple of days.  Although at the moment, the beagle in question is now laying on her back with all 4 feet in the air!


Kind of like this!

1 comment:

Otter Mom said...

Also, it was the apartment at the back of the building that Otter originally thought - the manager did tell her the wrong apartment # which is the one she had the power and internet originally switched to and that part was wrong, but it was the apartment Otter thought at first just by looking to see which one it was.