Sunday, October 04, 2015

That Time of Year Again...

And the "persecution" has been going for weeks.



I've had several instances of tailgaters and some of them have been really bad.



Yesterday, Bill and I went to Golden Corral for lunch and that was where one of the two good encounters happened.  I had on one of my Longhorns t-shirts, we picked our table and as we were sitting down to eat a man at the next table smiled really big and gave us the Horns hand sign.

(The other good encounter was a couple of weeks back and was funny:  I noticed a guy in a car behind me waving and I watched him to be sure he wasn't about to flip me off of something.  Then he changed his wave to one particular sign:  The Aggie Thumb!  I could tell he was saying something about being a TEXAN, too and he was smiling really big.  When he passed me, I gave him the Horns sign and then we just waved at each other.  That was fun and I think he was enjoying it, too.  The Aggie fans get some mistreatment up here, too but not nearly as bad as what we get.  Or at least that is what I've heard from a few of them.  None of it's right, because it's not generally in fun but is in fact malicous towards us.)

Anyway, the rest of yesterday was not good encounters.  We were getting on the highway and a car from way, way back very suddenly sped up until he was literally right on our tail and he swerved like he was trying to run us off the road.  Bill made the comment that he was thinking about giving the guy the opportunity to see if his brakes were working by slamming on ours, but then another driver flew past us at a very high speed and this one flipped the bird at us.

Otter said she had someone change lanes and run up behind her to tailgate yesterday and they nearly hit her.

And people think TEXANS have bad attitudes?  Sheesh.  We don't start any of it.

(UT/TEXAS has had a bad year and we probably don't have a snowball's chance in the game next Saturday, but it won't change the way that some people act.)

At least nobody has been pulled over by a cop or highway patrol this year - yet, anyway!

By the way, TEXANS aren't arrogant.  We are simply blessed with an overabundance of confidence.  Which can be mistaken for arrogance, but it's not really.  We just don't take "garbage" off anybody.

Yes, I will be wearing my shirts this week.  I frequently do anyway, but especially this week and especially Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


just be careful. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

We are. Extra careful.