Friday, July 01, 2016

Once a Week

I have been posting here about once a week, on average.  There just isn't anything spectacular or unusual going on.  Just normal life!

But I'm on vacation as of 3:30 this afternoon.  We aren't going anywhere, I'm having a stay-at-home vacation and I really need it.

One day next week is set aside for shopping with Otter.  Beyond that, I don't have much of anything planned.  I'm just going to enjoy not having to get up and go to work.

Otter was over here this afternoon to do her laundry.  She was still here when I got home, Bill was working on a pachinko project and Otter was following Maggie Moo's lead:  napping!  She went to Wallyworld with me and then we stopped at Subway to get dinner to bring home.

That's about as exciting as it got this week.  :)

I really don't know if I want to continue this blog or not.  There just isn't all that much exciting going on, however we are enjoying the un-stressful times.

This is from a couple of weeks ago:



Bill spilled a bag of nacho chips on the floor.  The beagle was in the kitchen but I'm pretty sure she got to the chips before they even hit the floor.  I picked up most of them, but Maggie Moo was in full vacuum mode and there was nothing left to clean up in just a few seconds!  She was a very happy beagle that evening.

Maggie Moo had an ear infection which the vet discovered when she got her annual shots in early June.  I fought with her for several days in an attempt to get the ear drops in her ears.  Mostly, I missed because she did NOT want it to happen.  The vet said that since I didn't think very much of the medication actually got in her ears that I could bring her back and she wasn't too happy about that.


This is what happened when I took her back for the follow up:  She became a brick!  Can you tell she didn't want to be there?  And she especially did not want to have to have her ears checked.  I was right, very little of the medication actually went where it was supposed to go.  So the vet used a plastic syringe similar to a medication dropper used for a toddler, and filled up both of her ear canals with the medicated ointment.  She was not amused!  She was also a little dizzy, I guess her ears being clogged threw off her equilibrium.  I had to help her get in the car when we left, and she was a brick then too!  It's been about 3 weeks, which is what the vet said is the average length of time for the infection to clear.  I think he was right, she was sluggish and grumpy for a few days and then she got over the grumpies but she was still not very playful but I've seen a big improvement the last couple of days.  She had a small case of the zoomies this afternoon and I'm hoping that the infection is cleared up.

But she's still a brick.  Or at least a bowling ball butt!

No comments: