Thursday, October 19, 2006

Otter's Turn!

Thursday, Oct. 19th

Otter's turn: Ever hear about that old remedy for a sore throat? Its "Gargle warm salt water" That is absolutely a load of CRUD and I know it. Here's what happened: I had a bad sore throat a few years ago, and Dad said "Gargle warm salt water-it works!" So mom got a cup of hot water, and started dumping salt in it. She kept putting more in until the water was cloudy. I then tried to gargle it but there was one little problem. You know what happens when you eat a lot of salty foods? Your tongue goes numb. That's just about what happened. The hot water didn't help. All this did, was make me want to barf, and have an awful taste in my mouth for a few hours. I couldn't even gargle it, because when you gargle stuff, if you do it right, it goes to the back of your throat. If it tastes bad, the gag reflexs starts up. That's about what happened. So, In short, that's another thing that started out with good intentions, but has turned into rubbish.

Ottermom's disclaimer: Comments and opinions by the Otter do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the management!

No comments: