Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May Day!

How did a day to recognize the workers (ok, so it's mostly in communist countries) become a day to celebrate being an illegal alien? Just by being here, they are breaking the law and that trumps everything else! Geesh. If someone wants to come here and work, then as long as they do it legally I will welcome them with open arms. But the key is to be legal.

I'd like your opinions on this interesting story from the SA paper website: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA050107.07A.perry_guns.30eddd5.html
I'll post my opinion later on, although it's probably already known to everybody that I am not in favor of gun control!

I've been thinking of Clara-isms today. Mom always had some good comments. Why buy the cow when the milk is free? That's the way to skin the cat. Not for all the tea in china! Yeah, and people in he__ want ice water! Anybody else got any they remember? I did find my recipe for peach cobbler the other day, I might make one in the near future. It's been a while since I made one and I think it's about time. And I think I'll eat a corner first, in honor of Dad and his sweet tooth.

It's been a year today since I had the last tooth extractions for the dentures. I got them a couple of days after the extractions. Should have done it sooner! But I think I've had enough health issues to last a lifetime now.

No comments: