Friday, April 08, 2016

Just Friday

It's been so much calmer lately that I kind of forget about blogging!  I know, I know - I said I would try to get back into the swing of it.  But we went from crushing stress & worry for over 2 years to none and it's taken a little time to get used to that now!

I have spent a lot of the week with assorted allergy symptoms.  Today's main thing has been sneezing.  A LOT!

When I took Magginator to the vet last week I thought they did the heartworm test but it turned out that they didn't.  So I took her back yesterday and she got the all-clear, so she's now back on the heartworm preventive pills.  We usually only give them during "mosquito season" but with the mild to the point of not actually happening winter we had, the skeeters have already shown up.  In March!  I'm thinking that we'll just make it a year-round thing from here on out.  She's doing very good, she has one pill left of the antibiotics and she's a playful, 12-year old puppy.  She seems to enjoy Bill being home so much, she is really crazy about him and it's funny.  We made tacos for dinner tonight.  Maggie spent the entire time we were cooking sprawled out on her belly, watching every move we made.  Piglet!

Hancock Fabrics announced last week that they are closing.  The entire chain.  There are two in Tulsa.  Otter heard about it and told me, then we went into Tulsa on Monday and went to one of them.  I found a little fabric and two crochet pattern books.  Otter bought fabric as well, and then as many patterns as she could carry!  Ok, she didn't buy quite that many patterns.  :)  But she bought several.  We are going to the other store sometime in the next few days.  They have always had a nice yarn department.  They don't have a lot and the brands that they have are fairly common at other stores.  But they usually have colors that are harder to find.  I had intended to look for yarn (Bill - hush!) but the yarn was consolidated down to one small aisle and it was basically all tossed together.  I took one step and could hardly breathe plus I was one big itchy, watery-eyed mess because of the wool and my allergy to it.  I looked at a couple of skeins but it was all piled together and just touching a non-wool skein made my skin start to react badly because it had been squashed into a bin with the wool yarn.  I'm hoping that the other store is a little better as far as their yarn department goes.

However, I am not allergic to this:




And that is a Very Good Thing.

Those are this year's crop in my front yard.  The whiskey barrel had somewhere around 30 babies come up in it.  Probably not all of them survived, but most of them seem to.  And they are ALL blooming.  Plus there are about 8 plants outside of the whiskey barrel in the yard itself and they are blooming!  The scent is heavenly!  They smell like Home.  It's very strong and the honeybees are very happy.  They are such a deep blue and we are really enjoying them.

It's a TEXAS tradition to take pictures of your children and/or pets with bluebonnets and we missed out on that when Otter was little.  But we have pictures taken from a couple of years ago of Otter with our 'bonnets and then I took some more of her last week.  I'm not posting them because her face is visible, but the pictures turned out very well.  After all, she is a TEXAN and they are bluebonnets.  The fact that they are in NE Oklahoma doesn't matter a bit.

It's just our own, special little corner of TEXAS.

No comments: