Monday, December 18, 2006

Is it still Monday?

This has been the day I feel like I've been in the trenches! Work was kind of crazy, I have a bunch of little things to do so I can be off next week. Stuff that I would do next week I have to do today. None of it is major, it's just a lot of things. So I'm just a little on the frazzled side!!

We started wrapping gifts tonight, which is the one thing I absolutely can NOT stand about Christmas! I do not like to wrap, but it doesn't do itself. I will probably pack for the trip tomorrow evening, I am still not quite finished with laundry yet. Laundry isn't a job I mind, it just is time consuming. But until it's all finished I can't pack. The dryer doesn't seem to work right, so laundry takes a loooooooooooooooooong time to get finished. I think we need to get the vent cleaned out, it is put together strangely but we can't move it because it goes under the house through the foundation. The company that cleaned our chimney 2 years ago can do it, they have done it before we bought this house.

We looked at weather forecasts for the trip down, Friday should be good. We might have to be a little careful the first part of the trip because it will be just right at freezing Thursday evening. But it looks like the forecast is for partly cloudy pretty much the entire way. The car is ready, I took it in for an oil change last Friday and the fuel filters were due to be changed so I had that taken care of at the same time.

Otter has one more day of school, but Bill is off until January 8. He worked today but they had nothing for them to do so he took off at 11:00 and is off the rest of this week with vacation days, then next week is holidays and the week after is vacation days. And he still has over 100 hours of vacation left! Some people are very spoiled! However, he did get cookie dough mixed up this afternoon without making too much of a mess.

No comments: