Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring has Sprung!

I'm happy that it's officially Spring. It was a cold winter, we had more than enough ice & snow and I'm glad it's done. Of course, we could still get a freak snow storm. That has been known to happen. But I'm hoping that we don't.

Especially because I got my bluebonnets last week and they are starting to bloom! They are in the whiskey barrel that the mailbox is in, I usually put them there. The neighbors probably think we're crazy, because the first thing we do when we get home is go stick our faces in the bluebonnets! They have such a delightful scent. Makes me homesick!

Also the tulips are up and one has started to bloom. Several of them have buds and will be blooming in the next few days. The daffodils look great, too. And I have several things in pots out on the deck, including 6 strawberry plants. I had them last year, too. It was so nice to be able to go pick a couple of fresh berries when we wanted them.

Dental visit today, Otter's teeth look great and the dentist sees no problems with my dentures. Back in 6 months.

Prayer request: Our friend Larry has been diagnosed with lung cancer, and he had surgery last week. When he had the biopsy, his lung collapsed and he was hospitalized for several days. This surgery was to remove the cancer and to do that the doctor had to take a good portion of the lung in question. I think that the cancer was pretty advanced when it was discovered. Any prayers would help, Larry and his wife Lin are really nice people and I think they have "adopted" Bill as one of theirs.

And before I forget - I have a message for a certain sister of mine: YOU HAD BETTER NOT BACK OUT ON COMING TO SEE ME THIS SUMMER!!

No comments: