Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Terrific Tuesday Tales!

I'm into alliteration today, apparently. (All the words begin with the same letter). At least as far as my title goes.

It's Day 2 of Nana's visit and we are having a great time. We went to the Chinese buffet for dinner last night. Otter & Bill took Nana to a well-known local shopping center today. Then they made the obligatory trip to WalMart. Tomorrow, I'm not sure about. We made buffalo burgers for Nana tonight. She really liked it. Then we made strawberry ice cream.

But Thursday we will be going to Oklahoma City. To the Memorial. It's a trip I'm torn about. I really want to see it. But I still remember April 19, 1995 and how bad it really was. Nana and I have decided that we will take lots of kleenex. Because we will probably need them.

If we have time after that, we will be going to the art museum in OKC. The one with the entire floor devoted to Chihuly. For the uninitiated, Chihuly is a glass artist. What he does is so beyond mere art that there are not words enough to describe it. I absolutely love glass in all it's forms, and I have been wanting to see the Chihuly art for a while so we are going to try to work it in. We probably will be able to.

Maggie's confused. She's back to being locked out of Otter's room, since Nana doesn't want to sleep with a furry beagle. Frasier's confused but happy about it. His confusion is the result of the hamsters cage being moved to the office. It's low enough that he can see them easily. And he wants them. He's confused because he can see them, but he can't have them.

Poor baby, I don't feel a bit sorry for him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take lots of pictures of the Chihuly. The ones that I have seen are amazing. Do they have a cheap gift shop? I would love something from there if they have one.
Tell Maggie I will sleep with her when I am there. Frasier will still be happy because the hamsters will not be in the bedroom. Froggy