Friday, June 10, 2016

Odd Week

Yes, Froggy.  I know.  It's been over a week.

But it's been such an odd week.

The Boss (formerly known as Younger Boss) was out of town on vacation this week.  On Monday, his sister passed away unexpectedly.  He was able to get back in town on Tuesday.  The week has been spent dealing with all the fallout and most of the fallout concerns The Teenager's widow (she's the Boss's mother and that means that it was her daughter that died).  Miss Dorothy is 98 years old, nearly 99 and is very fragile.  Her health is good, considering her age, but she is diabetic and has some other issues.  And now, she is having to deal with the absolute worst nightmare of any parent - no matter what age.  Miss Dorothy was hospitalized on Wednesday, she is better but the doctor wants to keep her there for the next couple of days.  I have not spoken to her, but she is having to deal with the loss of her daughter and it's rough.  The funeral for the lady who died is next week.  At this point, we are all pretty much holding our breath and crossing our fingers that this horrible event is not what causes us to lose Miss Dorothy.  It's hard for me to even type those words.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Froggy's middle child and his fiance are now parents!  Their little boy was born Thursday.  There were some issues with the baby which resulted in expectant mom being hospitalized for a couple of weeks and then she had a c-section yesterday.  He's 3 weeks early, but he made it to the 5 # mark which was the milestone the doctors were hoping for.  His small, but he's perfect.  I am absolutely itching with anticipation and can NOT wait until I get to snuggle him!  She texted me several pictures, no sign of red hair unfortunately.  :)  Otter says he's an adorable little squishy, so I think that Squishy may well be his blog name.  The new dad's nickname was Skipper when he was little so I'm going to continue to call him Skipper but I haven't come up with a good blog name for his fiance, the new mommy.  I'll get there eventually.  For now, we're just all over the moon with happiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandson is a beautiful, adorable baby and I'm not biased in any way. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

No, you are not biased. He is absolutely adorable and I can NOT wait to get to cuddle him!