Thursday, June 25, 2015

Just a Few More Hours.....



Then it's Friday!

Today was what I refer to as Crazy Day, the day shortly before my vacation when the Boys realize that I'm about to be gone for a week.  It followed the usual pattern, and Younger Boss followed his usual script.  Tomorrow will be busy in the morning, but then Younger Boss will be leaving early and the Teenager won't be in at all.


Maggie Moo got to go have a shopping adventure with me this afternoon.  We bought her a pillow to sleep on, shortly after we lost Frasier.  Before that, she slept on their blankets or on the loveseat (when we're not in the living room to tell her to get down) because Frasier tore up anything that even remotely resembled a bed or pillow.  He had a mind of his own and we never could figure out why he did most of the things he did.  A lot of it was the coyote instincts, but I don't think that was why he hated dog beds!  We weren't sure if Mags would sleep in one or tear it up since she'd possibly follow in Big Brother's footsteps so we got a pillow.  She took a few days to decide that it was ok, then it became her bed.  When we were in the living room, anyway!  She's taken to sleeping in the hallway, close to the baby gate that keeps her out of our room.  Last night, we put her pillow in the laundry room which is right outside of our room.  She started to snuggle up on it, but then she bonked her behind on the door and that was it for sleeping in the laundry room!  She moved back to the hallway.  We left the pillow in there, I think she did move to it later on though.  Bill suggested I go get her an actual bed.  We went to a local semi-chain store, where we got her shots when they had a clinic.  They had a few, but I was not about to spend over $30 on a dog bed - even if it was heated!  But then we remembered that Otter's tool store has dog beds.  I texted her this morning while she was on shift, she told me the size but I wasn't sure if it was big enough of not.  But after we left the first store, and Maggie Moo visited their grassy area, we went to Otter's store.  She wasn't working this evening, but Maggie knew where she was when we went up to the door.  I found their dog beds and put one down on the floor - Maggie immediately got in it.  It came home with us, after the cashier melted into a puddle while petting the beagle, and I put it where the blankets have been.  Maggie immediately got in it and went to sleep.  She gets up and changes position every so often, she started out with her bottom in the bed and her head out but now she's reversed course and her head is in the bed but her behind is hanging over the edge.  It's plaid, sort of felt-fleecy feeling and 100% washable.  It has a removable pillow.  It is normally around $19.00 but it was on sale and then they also let me use my 20% off coupon so I got it for under $8.00.  Maggie's pleased.  I might move it to the laundry room tonight.


The electric company did send out a representative from the electrical contractor.  He got here just before I did and he was waiting on me.  I showed him the trench that is still in my yard, I gave him the crepe myrtle labels with the information about them, and he decided how much dirt and grass he'll need to bring.  He was amazed at how deep the trench is, considering that it should not have sunk at all - not that the previous contractor (different company) had ever really finished filling it in.  He will be here Monday morning and it should take him around 3 hours.  I think that there are only 3 crepe myrtles after all, two have managed to come up again but he said he's probably going to bring me 5.  After he left, when Maggie Moo and I were coming out the door to get in the car there was another truck pulling up in front - he had been told that all we needed was a little grass put down and he was here for that.  He said that the electric company does things like this all the time, not take correct information from customers and then send out multiple contractors with incorrect information.  It's really frustrating, we've been dealing with this for over 2 months now.  It had better be fixed on Monday.

At least tomorrow is Friday.  And I have a 9-day weekend!  That is a GOOD THING.

No comments: