Sunday, June 07, 2015

Not In A Hurry

For Monday.


I guess I can't stop Monday from coming, no matter how much I whine about it.

Oh well.  I'm off next Friday and the Monday after that, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much since I have two 4-day weeks with a 4-day weekend in the middle!

At least I don't have Otter's work schedule.  She goes in to work tomorrow at 2:00 a.m.!  Her store had a parking lot sale this weekend and they have to change all the price tags back from sale to regular prices.

Maggie Moo has had a good weekend.  Yesterday, I tossed her in the car (OK, I opened the door and she jumped in) and we went to Otter's apartment.  She hadn't been there before so it was a new experience for her.  She has had experience with stairs, she knew what to do to get up them although it took her a little while to understand the landings between the floors - there were all these doors and I wouldn't let her go up to any of them!  Eventually, we got to the 3rd floor and she got to go into a door.  Which made her very happy, especially when that door opened at Otter and Roomie were there.  She got lots of attention, petting and ear scratches.  We visited for a while, then we left and she managed to get down the stairs although it took her a little longer. I took her to Petsmart after that, we needed to get her a new name tag with the updated phone numbers on it.  She was happy to get there, there were lots of people and other animals to see.  She had that little beagle smile on her face the whole way home!

She had to get a tag with updated phone numbers because we got rid of our landling (home) phone last week.  When we bought our home, we took over the existing phone number that Bill's dad had when it was his house.  But the phone lines were not the best, every time it rained the connection would get worse and we had the company come out more than once to check it.  One time, it got to the point that the phone was basically useless.  They ran new lines, replaced a bunch of stuff and it got better but never good again.  We checked, the problem was external and not in the house so it was their lines.  We discussed getting rid of it a couple of years back and going to strictly cell phones but after one particular ice storm when the cell towers all went down due to battery issues,we decided to keep the landline for a while - this was before the time it got so bad.  But we realized that we hardly ever used it and most people that needed to contact us called us on one of our cell phones anyway.  So, last week we cancelled the landline.  Maggie's tag had the home phone and my cell phone on it, but the home phone was the first number.  She now is sporting a dog-bone shaped, pink tag with her name and both our cell phones on it.

I bought a miniblind for the front/craft/guest/YARN room last week.  Bill installed it today.  There is a lot more light in that room now, and I can open or close it easier than the curtains.  Plus, it gives us a little more privacy than the one remaining curtain did.  Otter had 2 curtains in there, one inside the window seal and one set on a curtain rod.  Both were navy blue, she wanted privacy since it was her bedroom after all, and less light at night.  But I need a little more light in there when I'm crafting, which I've been doing a lot of lately, or crocheting, which I do a lot of anyway.

Not that I ever manage to decrease the amount of yarn I have.  It seems to grow on it's own!  I don't help it at all.   :)

No comments: