Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Is it going to be spring soon?

We are still frozen over. The schools are still closed and will be again tomorrow, probably Friday as well. The main roads are clear in some spots and not touched in others, the neighborhoods have not been touched at all and it is really treacherous out there. I was going to work yesterday and taking the Otter with me, but at breakfast the Otter had a sudden onset of what we thought were flu symptoms so she went to bed and I stayed home with her. It was just a bug, she was fine by the evening. She went to work with me today. And as bad as the roads are today, I think I'm glad I didn't even attempt it yesterday!

We had a small snowfall today. We have another shot at winter weather this weekend, so I am going to the grocery store tomorrow after work and not take any chances! I need to go anyway, but I was going on Friday however I have decided not to wait.

The dogs are funny, they are very playful when they get outside and Maggie bowled Frasier over yesterday. She was running at him like she does when they play except that she didn't realize that she wasn't going to be able to stop - and she slid right into him, they both fell in a heap! It's also funny when the Magginator decides she needs to run for whatever reason, it's like watching a cartoon where the character's feet are in a blur!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun storm to be in! If that happens this year I am going to invest in ice skates because the yard in our apartment complex was one huge ice rink for like 2 weeks it seemed. This year with the paper route I am really hoping it doesn't happen again. *knock on wood*