Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Still cold but the ice is gone!

Well, mostly gone anyway. There are still small patches here and there. But it's still pretty cold. We did have a couple of days about freezing and it has been sunny, but it's back to being winter again. Not that it ever really wasn't! We have another cold front on the way in but it is not supposed to be anything other than cold. However, since the forecasters never quite get it right.....

Interesting news article. Here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16891832/
My only comment is that if this does become law, it will be one that we will NOT comply with.

If anyone has tried to email the Otter for the last few days, it might not have gone through. Her computer crashed last Friday and it's now up and running again but she lost nearly everything. Her email is not working at all right now, she is getting some emails but she is unable to send any out at all. So if you sent her an email, don't take it personally if you didn't get a response! Bill's working on it but it might be a while.

I'm watching Huckabee, whose first name I forget, as a potential Republican candidate. He seems to be very conservative, absolutely pro-life which is extremely important to us, and looks good on a few other areas as well. But it's early still and who knows what will happen between now and the election!

I have a prayer request, one of our very good friends (Larry) has a biopsy scheduled this week because of a suspicious spot on his lung. It does not sound good. So I would like to ask for prayers for him.

And I get to make another sock monkey! That makes two I need to work on since both sides of the family are expanding - my brother is going to be a grandfather again! Les & Jacque and Kim & Kenneth. No promises that either monkey will be ready by the time the babies arrive, however! I'm just glad that sock monkeys will be needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My understanding is that you get cervical cancer only from STD's. If that is the case I think the best way to prevent it is to keep your legs closed. I agree with you on this - I would not follow the possible law if it were my daughter. It would almost be like saying "Here DD have shot so you can have reckless sex without consequences." Whatever happened to cuth(sp) or better yet, parents openly talking to their children about the birds and the bees.