Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Otter's on Vacation!

And I'm still stuck at home. I'm jealous!

Actually, I'm glad she got to go to Nana's house for a week. I think it is very good for her to be able to do things like that, to develop her independence and also to get to see her family that she doesn't see often because of the 500 mile difference. I told her not to spoil Nana too much.
But I am tired, I've been up since 4:00 this morning and it's now after 8:00 p.m. Otter got up shortly after we did, and she got dressed & ready to go in record time. I ran her through McDonald's for breakfast, which she never gets, and then we got to the airport right around 6:00. We got her checked in, found her gate and then hit a gift shop. The plane left just after the scheduled time of 7:15, as soon as they announced that it was time to board all I saw was a blur of red hair heading towards the door! She was in such a hurry to get on the plane that I had to tell her to slow down, come back and hug me. Think she was excited? Oh yeah, big time. I still made it to work on time. But I had lots of coffee today to keep me awake! Then the caffiene wore off about 1:00. I've been in slow-motion ever since.

We had a Date Night tonight. We went to a Chinese buffet (Froggy, we're taking you there next week!), and then we walked to the dollar store next to the restaurant. Ok, so it was a cheap date. And I ate too much. I'll pay for it tonight and/or tomorrow, my stomach will probably be a tad bit upset. But I'm not going to complain (well, not much anyway) because I haven't had much of that type of food in a long time. It was really good. I'll just have to be extremely strict for the next several days.

Bill brought home a whole bunch of clothing yesterday that he literally got out of a dumpster. It had been thrown away, even though it is all in pretty good to new condition. It's Army surplus clothing, and all maternity. AND ALL HAD BEEN THROWN OUT BY A SO-CALLED SCHOOL FOR UNWED TEENAGERS! Your tax dollars at work, folks - they didn't want it, so they threw it away. Bill was told to take as much as he wanted, so he filled up his van. We washed it all, I think it was 6 or 7 big loads. Otter picked out one of the shirts to use as a jacket with her camo pants. We are possibly going to eBay some of it, I may use some of the fabric for some craft projects and we might donate some of it - to Birthright, a local place that really does help the teenagers - unlike the place Bill got the clothing from. When that particular place (that threw out the clothing) came out to Otter's school for a presentation, the message she took away from it was that it was OK for teenagers to get pregnant, because after all the government would take care of them! She was not amused, to say the least. I guess everybody knows by now that we are Pro-Life, no exceptions. (Don't say you weren't warned, I'm not politically correct!).

Ok, off the soapbox. For now anyway. But probably not for long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should contact the main office of the group that threw away all the clothes and or your newspaper so people will see that they are not doing what they should.

can't wait for chinese food
froggy