Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday's Installment & Froggy Report!

Yesterday, Monday, was a great day for Otter. She got her wish! We found a turtle in the yard and Froggy was still here! Froggy and I were sitting out on the deck, and Otter found a turtle crawling around the back yard. I picked it up and held it in my hand from a long distance away from Froggy and asked her if it brought back any memories. Of course it did, but this time I was not chasing her with it. The dogs had been barking at something in the weeds near the fence the day before and we were actually thinking they found a snake but now I think they must have seen the turtle. Otter took the turtle back to the cow field and let her go. That is the 4th one in about a month.

We had a nice dinner at Golden Corral, I think everyone ate too much. I actually had dessert this time, something I have not done since before my illness. But since that was probably the last time I'll eat out or eat big for a while, I decided it was a good time for dessert. It was banana pudding! Wonderful stuff.

After we got home, it was time to torture (bathe) Maggie Beagle. She had apparently rolled in something out in the yard and she was a very fragrant doggie. She was not a happy doggie, as soon as she saw the hose in my hand and the soap in the other she knew what she was in for. Otter and I both got soaked, but Maggie at least got clean! Frasier was not getting a bath, but he didn't take any chances and he stayed way out of reach for a long time. He wouldn't even come to Otter when she offered him his favorite treat - he actually ran away from a treat! Crazy dog.

This morning we got up early and had breakfast, then we took Froggy to the airport. Traffic was bad, there was a major accident on the highway and it delayed us but we still got there in plenty of time. We left Froggy and her heavy suitcase at the airport about 7:30, then Otter went to work with me for the day. She made $16.00, all from my bosses & one of their wives! Guess they were still in a generous mood, since yesterday they gave me a raise.

It's been rainy off & on this afternoon but not bad. At least not in our area, but there are flood watches all over NE Oklahoma and will be for the next few days. But we had mostly good weather for Froggy's visit and I am glad of that.

Froggy, I hope you meant it when you said you want to come back next year! I'm holding you to that by the way. And I hope you enjoyed your vacation as much as we did, it was so much fun. Hopefully your house wasn't too much of a disaster area when you got home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will be back next year.
I had a great time. Froggy