Friday, June 29, 2007

We're officially on VACATION!!!!!

And it was a pretty good Friday. I just paid off my car! Now it's all ours. The warrenty is still in effect for a few more miles/months, so it's not going to fall apart yet. Hopefully not at all. I don't seriously expect any problems with it, it's been well maintained and never a real problem. I took it in to Firestone a few weeks back and asked them to check it "from stem to stern" as Mom used to say, so that if there were any issues I could take care of them while I still had the warranty. The mechanic said that everything looks fine. It's such a change from the last car I had, the Taurus that I paid for about 3 times with all the work it constantly needed. Never, ever want another Ford! I'd prefer to stick with Chevy now, thank you very much.

We're having a home vacation this year. We haven't had one of these in a while, so it's time for one. We do enjoy going to TEXAS and seeing family, but sometimes we just need some down time at home. And with everything that's happened this year - my illness & surgery being a big thing - we want to just chill out and not go anywhere. We will probably do stuff around the house, there are always craft projects I have and stuff like that so we won't be bored.

Still rainy, although we've had a dry day. But there is a good possibility of more in the forecast. Hopefully, it won't last too much longer. Tuesday and the next few days are supposed to be dry. But warm. The only problem is that now there will be even more mosquitos to deal with!

I think we all need to say a prayer of Thanks that London wasn't hit today. It sounds like they really came close, the loss of life would have been bad.

No comments: