Saturday, May 02, 2009

Better Late Than Never! April Books

I just realized that it's already May 2 and I still haven't posted the books I read in April! Lots of reruns, I think I only went to the library once.

1. The Long Winter, Laura Ingalls Wilder. I started re-reading the series a few weeks ago and I decided to read them all again.

2. Little Town on the Prarie.

3. The Happy Golden Years.

4. Where the Heart is by Billie Letts. A re-run. Fun story.

5. A Shattered Glass by Kathy Wingo. A true story about a woman who escaped an abusive marriage. Not the best written story, but it was good.

6. Fingernail Moon, the True Story of a Mother's Flight to Protect Her Daughter by Janie Webster. Long title, about a woman who fled with her young daughter to protect the girl from her sexually abusive father. It was actually a pretty good book and in the end everything turned out ok for both the mother and the daughter.

7. Disney's Winnie the Pooh, a Celebration of the Silly Old Bear by Christopher French. Winnie the Pooh is always good!

8. Craft book about making things like soap, crochet, etc. I can't remember the name!

9. The First 4 Years. Back to my Little House series.

10. On the Way Home. Final book in the Little House series.

11. The Copper Beech by Maeve Binchy. Beech as in tree, not beach as in sand & water. Good book.

I've already started my list for May. Being a Stephen King fan, I borrowed a book from Otter's collection. It's probably both of our favorite King book. The Stand. It's actually pretty timely. It's about a pandemic but it's also about a whole lot more. It will be on the list for May. It's a huge, huge book and I've read it before. Many times. It was also turned into a miniseries on the Sci-Fi channel over 10 years ago and it was the only King story that was ever done right. Because King himself wrote the screenplay. His work doesn't translate well to the screen, but this one was done very well. It's something like 8 hours long. It's also very hard to find, but I will eventually get the dvd. Hollywood Video has it, but they aren't interested in selling it to me. But I'll keep asking and I'll keep looking.

No comments: