Friday, May 01, 2009

A Few Thoughts on Swine Flu

I am afraid that this is going to come across as cold and unfeeling, but it's not meant that way.

OK, now that the disclaimer is out of the way...

I know that the swine flu situation is serious. I know that it is potentially very serious. I also know that the media tends to make things sound much worse than they are and I really feel like that is happening now.

Yes, it can be bad. It could become very bad. But it's not automatically going to be like the Spanish Flu 1918 pandemic. But to listen to the media, we're already there and we're all going to die.

Let's get real, people.

Handwashing. Minimizing contact with people when we are sick, or trying to stay away from people who are sick. General common sense goes a long way. Except that most people don't seem to have common sense.
Unfortunately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. We have many people die each year from the flu. More than they say are going to be affected by the Swine Flu.
They need to change the name. You do not get it from pork, but from other
people.Froggy