Sunday, May 03, 2009

Second Installment for Sunday

Movie Review: XMen Origins Wolverine. Very good. Although there is just a touch of nudity. (However, the female members of the audience will like this one. And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.) Let's just say that Otter was really glad her father wasn't in the theater with her!

OK, silly stuff out of the way. It actually was a good movie. It answers a lot of questions about the Wolverine character and it also has a few other revelations in it.

Also, a few other movie thoughts. Star Trek is opening next weekend. It's # 11 in the series. The adage "Even numbered Trek films don't suck" is actually true. This one has a few strikes against it, starting with the fact that it's not an even number! It's been very heavily advertised. To the point that I am afraid all the good scenes have already been revealed. Also, I have read enough about to it feel like the writers are re-writing history. And that's never good. I'm seriously afraid that it's going to live up to the ST Curse (even numbers...). And I'm not alone. There are actually quite a few of us "Original Fans" who feel that way. So, I'm hopeful. But I'm not going to hold my breath over this one, since I'm also realistic when it comes to Trek films. But then again, this one might be the one to break the curse. We'll see.

No comments: