Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catching Up

First things first: Why did I want a house with a big yard? The rest of the story is that I now know what I want for Christmas: A RIDING LAWN MOWER!


Actually, we didn't want a big yard. We wanted a specific house, which we got, and it just happened to have a big yard. Well, we did want the big yard. I just don't like to mow. But Billyboy was busy with the trench work for the bamboo block, so I got the joy of running the lawn mower around the yard. I'm afraid I missed a few spots, but at least it's done for a few days. We usually share this chore.


Otter's last day of school is Thursday of next week. It would have been tomorrow or Friday, but there are a few snow days to make up. So they have to go to school after Memorial Day. She had a pretty big project for history class, which she chose to make a PowerPoint presentation for. It's entailed a lot of hours of research and then a lot of time to put it together. She presented hers in class today. SHE GOT A 90!! She's worked really hard on it and we are very proud of her. We're proud of her anyway. We got pizza tonight to celebrate. She deserved it and I think she enjoyed the treat.

Her topic? How Has the Content and Technology of Movies Changed Over Time. What can I say, she's her parent's daughter and we love movies!

Bill's nearly finished with the bamboo block. Some of the bamboo didn't survive the transplant process, and some of it is already growing pretty good. We are going to get some more, which we always planned, but we are waiting until we get finished with the block installation. We should be finished in the next few days. It's a lot of work to install, it has to be put 3' below the surface of the ground and also just above the surface.

Also, we are going to put the pool up this weekend. The water won't be warm enough to actually swim for several days, but it will be nice to have the pool up. We need to do a little work on the yard first - also known as filling in a few dog holes! There are not too many holes this time, the dogs have not had all the access to the back yard that they would like. But there are a few. And they need to be smoothed out before the pool goes over them.
That is about it for my catch-up. I'm too tired to type any more. Also, the ice cream that is in the freezer is screeching my name. Loudly.

No comments: