Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Mid-Week Thoughts

Today's thoughts include Fenton and Pachinko machines.

I'm enjoying my vacation, and I think Bill is also enjoying his time off.  He's been playing with his pachinko machines and assorted power tools.  Scary thought.

We went to Incredible Pizza for my birthday on Monday.  We took Otter's BF with us.  It was fun, we had a great time.  Their buffet is always so good.  I really enjoyed my birthday.  Otter is going to make me brownies, but I told her to wait a few days on it.

Yesterday, Tuesday, Otter and I went to a small town that is about 45 minutes away.  We went to an antique mall that we've been to before - Froggy, you know the one.  There is a concrete place next door which has a gorilla, but Otter forgot to take her camera that day so no pictures for Toadles this time.  Anyway, back to my shopping story:  I found several pieces of Fenton, including a very rare piece of Cactus for very little $.  Happy, happy!  I also found a crocheted table cloth that I bought to use as a nightstand cover in our room.  We have two nightstands, I have a beautiful crocheted piece that came from Bill's grandmother (I'm not sure if she made it or not), and it's on my nightstand.  I had planned on making another one for the other nightstand, but I haven't had time to do anything towards it and I don't think I could make one for $8.99 anyway!  They are not the same color, the new one is cream and green and the first one is cream with rosy pink and dusty blue, but they do look good together.

The other thing we bought there is a pachinko machine.  Otter found one in a booth, it had a $20 price tag on it and I immediately took it up to the register so they could hold it for me.  We were still shopping.  I did try to call Bill, but he wasn't home at the time.  I knew he'd just tell me to get it so we did.  Then we surprised him.  When we got home, I told him that I had something in the back seat of the car that I needed him to get for me.  He was very surprised.  It's a little different than any of his other machines and it was a tremendously cheap price, so he was happy.

Today, Otter and I had been wanting to go to a new antique mall that has recently opened but had not had a chance to get there yet.  I took my car in for an oil change and they weren't able to get to it right away, so I called Bill and he came and got me.  Then Otter and I borrowed his car to go to the antique mall.  He teased me about taking his car, but since he has a Go-Fast Car sitting in the driveway I didn't feel too bad about it!  Otter found a couple of magazines and I have a couple of glass/Fenton items I'm thinking about.  But they also had two pachinko machines for $35 each.  I called Bill and got him this time, but I already knew what he'd say - and they came home with us.  He now has 38.  I told him that his Stash is bigger than mine now. :)  I also told him that he owes us finder's fees, but I don't think we're going to get anywhere with that!

After that, my car was ready so he took me back to get it and then Otter and I got to go to our other destination.  Another antique store!  Froggy, this is the one where I found the plant stand.  No pachinko, but I did buy 4 Fenton pieces!

I've also finally had time to use my food processor/blender that Bill got me for Christmas.  It's a Ninja brand.  It's really neat, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.  Otter's already talking about making salsa.  Let's just say that she is very much her parent's daughter and the apple did not fall far from the tree in this case - so better get the fire extinguishers ready.  Because we're going to need it. :)

No comments: