Friday, July 24, 2015

Just a Friday Off

I took the day off today.  Bill's not feeling too good and he is taking a sick leave day.  I took a vacation day.  He's been parked on his behind most of the day, with the exception of walking to the table for lunch but then he went back to his chair.  He's taking it easy, which is very rare!  But it's what he needs to do.

My plan was to have a relaxed day at home, but I never got to the grocery store this week and we were running out of lots of things.  So I went this morning.  It wasn't too bad, the store was just starting to get busy as I was checking out so I had good timing.  I did have a couple of other errands, one of them took me right past the post office so I stopped in to clear our box and I also checked Bill's UPS box since it was across the street from the grocery store.  I had a couple of things for Otter, so I went over to her apartment and we had a nice visit.  I also went to her store later on, after she had already started her work shift.  I used to have a set of pliers but they have run away somewhere.  I gave her 2 of them, but the rest of them have probably migrated to the pachinko work/junk/Bill's play room.  I bought a fairly large set this time and they are MINE this time.  I might mark the handles with a paint dot or something.

While I was in the grocery store, Otter called me to let me know that they are going to move to the 2-bedroom unit like they were talking about.  She went down to the apartment office and talked to the manager.  The unit right across the hall from their current apartment is a 2-bedroom and it is available.  The manager said that they can come in any time next week and sign the new lease, it will be another 1-year lease but the deposit from their current apartment will transfer with them.  She said that they can move a day or two before the first, she'll prorate the rent at the new one for them and that might be what they do.  Or, they can wait and move next Saturday, the first.  I think the plan is probably going to be moving on the first.  It will be easier in a lot of ways, for one thing nobody has to run up and down the stairs repeatedly and they don't have to worry about arranging trucks, etc.  However, it all still has to be moved and that means lots of lifting.  Bill's got, wal a dolly that we'll take with us. Otter will need some boxes but not as many as the first time.  She can pack dishes for example, then they can be unboxed and put up immediately which will then mean the box can be taken back to be refilled.  After they get moved, we'll take her the coffee table.  They will still need a couch or chairs for the living room, but they'll worry about that after they get everything else moved.  She'll get the rest of her craft and sewing stuff out of my house and to her apartment after the move as well.  The old apartment will still need to be cleaned after they are moved out.  They don't need to worry about cleaning the carpet at least.  She is actually taking the smaller of the 2 bedrooms, it has the larger closet.  The bedrooms are really not that much different in size but the closets are.

Maggie is spending her Friday afternoon under the futon.  She got her walk this morning and she was very interested in sniffing everything she could.  We took a slightly longer walk since I had the time.  She seemed to enjoy our route being varied.  I took the baby gate down from the door to the craft/guest/front/YARN room and let her have access.  She made a beeline to the futon, then she scooted underneath it and was probably asleep as soon as she got to the spot she wanted to be in.  She'll slither out a few hours from now, if it's like the last time I let her in there!

No comments: