Thursday, July 02, 2015

Remember What I Said?

The part about the Amish being on the right track as far as electricity goes?  Well, I agree with them about something else now:  no cars!  No cars equals no car trouble.  When I got in my car to leave the grocery store, the driver's seat had apparently turned into a rocking chair while I was in the store.  I just about wound up in the back seat.  I had a couple of things I'd picked up for Otter and her apartment was just down the street so I went on to give her the stuff I had for her.  Then I drove back roads to get home and drove very carefully - it would not be the time to have an accident!  Not that there ever is, but the issue with the seat is that it might not have kept me inside the car in the event of an accident.  Bill looked at it when he got home, and so did our mechanic neighbor.  They were hoping it could be welded but they both agree that it can't.  The neighbor said he's never seen one break in just that spot before.  Bill's going to check with salvage yards tomorrow and see if he can find a replacement seat.  Hopefully, pretty quick.  Obviously, Otter and I are not going shopping tomorrow.

But that's ok, we'd already decided to stay in town and just hit a few thrifts along with the steakhouse.  She's coming over in the morning to do her laundry and we might or might not go to a couple of close by thrifts.  If we don't get to, it's not a big deal and we'll reschedule our shopping trip.  If I need to go anywhere tomorrow, she'll either be my transportation or let me borrow her car.  I got most of my errands done already, I only had one stop that I still needed to make and it was just BigLots for toilet paper.  Depending on what Bill finds, I may have to go with him to a salvage yard to get a replacement seat.  Hopefully, he can find one and it won't be too much trouble to get it out and then in to my car.  I don't even care what color it is!  I just want it to be intact and safe.

Otter and Roomie have been discussing their options.  Renewing their lease in a few months, getting separate apartments or seeing about a 2-bedroom unit.  Hopefully in their current complex.  I think they are leaning towards getting a 2-bedroom.  I don't think either of them can really afford their own apartment at this point, but they really do want more room/space/privacy - especially Roomie, since her room is the living room and she doesn't even have a door to close.  I think they are going to see about a 2-bedroom unit, which would probably be their best option.  They will have to pay more in rent but it will be less for each of them than if they went with separate apartments.  Otter thinks that there might be one available in their current building, she's going to check with the manager.  It would be good if it was on their current floor (easier on the parental moving crew!) but I don't think anybody would miss having to go up to the 3rd floor either!  One of the people Otter works with also lives in the same complex, she said that she was able to move to a larger apartment within just a couple of months of moving in so Otter and Roomie probably won't have to wait until the end of September if they decide on a 2-bedroom, and if there is one available.

Maggie Moo is currently sprawled across, in and out, her bed.  Snoring.  Loudly!

No comments: