Friday, July 17, 2015

Unplanned Day Off

The biggest thing I've done on my unplanned day off is to take Magginator to the vet for her "rear alignment" also known as getting her rear glands cleaned out, and we also got her claws trimmed while we were there.  She weighs 26.6 pounds which is the same as 2 months ago.  She was somewhat impacted but not as bad as when we took her in every 3 months.  At this point, we'll stick with every 2 months.  The vet tech said she's gone one dog that comes in every 3 to 4 weeks and needs it badly, so I won't complain that we have to take her in every 2 months.  She was funny - she was happy to get in the car, but she wilted as soon as we turned into the parking lot.  She got out of the car easily, but she was not too thrilled with me.  She went in the door and immediately turned back around to go back out.  That didn't happen and she was not pleased!  The vet tech took her back as soon as we got there - we didn't need to see the vet for this - and it was a case of "drag the beagle" today.  It didn't take too long and she was overjoyed when she was brought back to me.  She immediately ran to the door and stood in front of it, wagging her tail.  She was very happy when we actually left.  I took her over to visit the grass and when we walked back to the car, there was another doggy arriving.  She almost went back inside with the other dog!  Little goof.

When we got home, I put her tick and flea drops on her and put her out in the garage for a few minutes.  Someone came over to see Bill and they were standing in the front door chatting.  I didn't want to have to worry about the dog getting out so she got to visit her treat can and spend about 10 minutes in the garage.  She came back inside pretty quickly, and promptly resumed the nap I'd had to interrupt to take her to the vet.  Although that nap as underneath the futon, and the 2nd half of the nap is in/on/all over/next to her bed in the living room.

I also went to the post office and to check Bill's UPS box, then I remembered Maggie Moo's feeder is getting low so I stopped at Wallyworld to get another bag.  I grabbed a few other things while I was there, I didn't get too much but they were crowded.  Guess that's normal, it is Friday after all and most people seemed to be buying lots of groceries.  I thought about going to Hobby Lobby, but I might do that tomorrow and I also might go to our favorite used book store then.  Maybe.  Or maye not!  I'll figure that out tomorrow.  Bill mowed the lawn this morning and I think his main plan for tomorrow and probably Sunday is the pachinko machine he's in the middle of restoring.

Otter is at TNT this weekend, along with J, Roomie and BestFriend.  Otter said that they weren't dressing in cosplay today, but that they were still fairly dressed up.  I think Otter probably wore one of her many Lolita dresses (the very fancy, full-skirted dressy outfits like the one she showed you in June, Froggy) and she'll probably wear another one on Sunday.  The cosplay will be worn tomorrow.  They are wearing their Joker and Harley gender switched costumes.  She had to stretch out the wig a bit, she said it was a little tight when she wore it when they went to the con in Dallas.  She's promised me lots of pictures, and yes she will find the Borg!  The Collective will be wandering around the con, but it might be tomorrow before she locates them.  They managed to get a reasonable parking spot and didn't have to walk too far to get to the con.

I'm tired today but not as exhausted as I was yesterday.  I talked to Younger Boss this morning, he said that a few people were over at their house yesterday after the Teenager's services and that they didn't leave until nearly midnight so he was still exhausted.  He hadn't seen Miss Dorothy yet, but he said that his sister spent last night with her so she wasn't alone.  She's very precious to us.

I managed to get a lot of crochet time in today.  I finished the crochet part of Otter's latest scarf,  She wants fringe on this one so I just have to attach it.  The scarf I made several days back is done but she decided she does not want fringe on it, so it just needs tails buried and it's done.  I made a hat to match the first scarf, but she needs to try it on again before I tie it off and bury tails.  I'm going to make a cap to match the 2nd scarf also, I'll make it to the same size as the first one but I won't complete it until she's tried them both on.  Then, it's back to her poncho.  I'm not sure, but I think that's the last UFO I have.  Well, I still have a blanket I'm working on but it's made with little pieces and ends so it's going to be a while anyway.

Think I'll go surf the internet for a while now.

No comments: