Friday, July 10, 2015

Stressful Friday

As of now, 6:30 p.m. the Teenager is still with us.  He was able to be moved to the hospice/nursing home section of their community and his wife and family have been able to spend the day with him.  Younger Boss said that the Teenager seemed to relax a lot once his wife started talking to him and holding his hand.  He is on morphine and is not showing any signs of the discomfort and possible pain he had yesterday, but he is not medicated enough to be unconscious however he has not awakened and probably won't.  But he is more comfortable and seems to understand on some level that he is home and surrounded by his family.  How long he has left in this life is up to God, but now that he's at home where he wanted to be it is possible that he might be able to let himself go.

I vacumed the entire office, neatened the Teenager's office and his desk and cleaned out a lot of old medications such as peroxide that was so old it didn't have an expiration date and so forth.  I've also spent a lot of the day getting checks done and other things that need signatures situated so that Younger Boss doesn't have to worry about things at the office next week.  I spent a while working on a list of things that Younger Boss is going to need to do once his dad is gone, things like calling the insurance company, medicaid, social security - all the miniscule things that have to be dealt with in this situation.

I'm very tired, I have been all week.  But as tired as I am, I'm sure that it doesn't even begin to compare to what the Teenager's family is dealing with.  I remember how hard it was after Mom and then later on after Dad died.  I didn't think I'd ever get to sleep again.  They are dealing with so much, and I would like to request prayers for them as well as for easing the Teenager's transition from this life.

But life goes on around my house, and we discovered this when we were in the back yard after we both got home from work:


I think we know what has Maggie's attention under the shed.


That's a raccoon track.

They are not an animal we want her to tangle with.  She's up to date on her shots, but they can be very mean animals and we don't want her hurt.  We don't want a raccoon to be hurt, either, but Maggie Moo is our first consideration.  We thought we maybe had a possum, but I'm thinking that the raccoon that left these tracks is what she's been chasing under the shed.

I'm going to have a drink and vegetate on the couch for a while.  It's been very stressful and will be for a while yet.  The Younger Boss will update me over the weekend on his father's status.  As Froggy said, the Teenager is very like our Dad.  In a lot of ways, and Otter considers him to be one of her grandfathers.  It's going to be rough, even though we do see it as a release for him and have absolutely zero doubt as to where he's going next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at least you have figured out why she wants to go under the shed.

I know it has been a very long hard week for you. Froggy