Tuesday, July 07, 2009

A Few Odd Thoughts on a Tuesday Afternoon

Well, I guess evening is more appropriate than afternoon. It's about 6:45, so it's not exactly afternoon anymore.

Maggie is crazy. As in certifiably insane. She got a bath today. Which has made her more nutso than usual. Which is really saying something! She was suddenly filthy, we thought that she'd found something to roll in out in the back yard. Or maybe her black spots were leaking. So Otter and I grabbed the dog, several towels, the garden hose and the dish soap and headed out to the back yard. Maggie was not happy! But she only tried to escape once, and that was after the bath and during the drying process. I think she actually crawled under the Redneck Joke, also known as the parts car, because it was more of a greasy dirt than a rolled in dirt. After we brought her back in and finished drying her off, she started running around the house and basically beating Frasier up until he played with her. She's now clean and hopefully she'll stay that way for a while. Frasier isn't quite in need of a bath yet, which is a good thing because he is much harder to handle.

I haven't said anything about Michael Jackson but I'm about to. Anyone who knows me will know how important music is to me. I have always felt that Michael Jackson was a talented, but not super talented, singer and a gifted dancer. What he was actually was more of a showman than a gifted singer. It's not a bad thing, to be a showman. HOWEVER, and this is a big one, there are certain things that trump any talent a person has. And I think he was in that position. I do believe that he was a pedophile. And that, my friends, overshadows everything he ever did or could have done in terms of his talent. I read a lot, no surprise there, and I have read a couple of biographies of his family. I don't think that he ever had a chance, they were denied a normal childhood experience because of their father's greed and I think that had a huge impact on how Michael Jackson became as an adult. It might have also had a lot to do with the pedophilia (sp?), I don't know. But I do know that I am really tired of people worshipping him. He was a deviant. End of story.

OK, subject change!

Vacation is over and we are back at work. I've been gone from my office one week. 5 business days. And the boys have managed to make it look like a pigsty! Actually, I think the pig would be embarassed. I spent today cleaning the office. And lecturing the two of them about it. I do occasional cleaning in the office, it's not normally a problem and since they treat me so good I don't mind it. But really, how much damage can two adult men do in one week? Especially when one of them wasn't even there on Friday!

Sunday was a fun day. Fun in a sarcastic sense. The air conditioner suddenly stopped cooling. It was still blowing, just not blowing cold air. It was warm, but not extremely hot so we just got the fans out and used them Sunday night. Monday was a cool day, in the 80's, so Otter was fine at home with the fans. Bill's friend he works with who is an a/c guy came out after work and it was a minor repair, so we weren't out a lot of $$ and did not have to deal with it any longer than the one day.

I did something today. I sold my class ring! There is a place in town that buys gold, they have been around for many years and have a very good reputation. Bill had some gold chains that were from an auction several years ago. We sold some on eBay and made back what we spent, I got one and so did Otter. But the ones that were left were too small for either of us. So Bill took them down on Friday and sold them. Then I got to thinking about my ring. Which I haven't worn in years and don't see myself ever wearing again. I showed it to Otter, she wanted to see it but she didn't want it because she'll have her own in a couple of years. So I took it down today. When I was filling out the paperwork, one of the questions was how long I had owned the piece. Talk about feeling old! 29 Years!
I guess Maggie must have finally worn Frasier out. Because he just came in here and collapsed on the floor. I heard one long sigh and the dog is now out!

No comments: