Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Whew! Wednesday

It's Wednesday. It's Wine Wednesday, but not Whine Wednesday.

Froggy left this afternoon. After a very fast week of nearly non-stop shopping with the occasional Braum's visit thrown in. And a trip to the post office this morning, so Froggy could ship her box home. It's full of stuff she bought.

We had a great time. We hit several thrift stores and quite a few flea markets & antique stores. And of course the aforementioned Braum's! My Fenton collection has increased exponentially. I'm not sure how many new pieces I have, but I think it's around 7 or 8. Not that I'm complaining!

The privacy fence is complete. Bill sprayed our side with water seal. There is a 4' gap on one end, so he put the old gate there and it fits just perfectly. He's been pulling the chain link fence down and taking the fence posts out, then he's been leveling off the area by the fence. The dirt he is removing to level is being put up against the wooden fence since it has a gap of a few inches between the bottom of the fence and the ground. He has done half of the chain link removal. When he gets the other half finished, which will probably be tomorrow, there will be a gap of several inches at the other end and I think he's going to use one of the old fence posts there so that the dogsters won't be able to get out.

Otter started summer school on Monday. I think it's going to go well. It's a smaller class, less than 15 students. It's 5 hours a day and she said that the teacher spends time with them to make sure that they understand. Which is what she needed. I'm sure she would prefer not to have to go, but she admits that it's helping.

I'm just glad that there is no homework. Because I could not do algebra if you paid me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5 visits to Braum Froggy