Sunday, July 26, 2009

We're Shocked!

Well, at least the White Lightning is. As in new shocks. Because when Bill brought home a load of free firewood on Thursday, one of the rear shock absorbers went out. The car had air shocks on it, and they are normally pretty good for carrying a load. But the one that went out had probably been going bad for a while and the load was just enough that it quit. Bill (and me by association) has run all over the place, trying to find air shocks that are medium, as opposed to to light duty or heavy duty. And it's just about impossible to find the right type. So he finally went with a lighter duty than he preferred, and they are regular shocks (not air shocks) so they can't be adjusted for a heavier load. But they will do the job and the car is driveable. Bill has spent several hours underneath the car today. He had it jacked up, but he is Bill and we all know what that means! No injuries today, though. He had a few other things he worked on, while he was at it. He's having a good time with that car.
Otter is ready for her trip. She packed her suitcase today and all we'll have to do is print out her boarding pass tomorrow morning. And then get up at 5:00 on Tuesday to be at the airport by 6:00. Then I'll either be allowed to go to the gate with her which means I'll be there until her flight leaves at 7:30, or I'll have to come up with something to do until 8:00 which is when I need to be at work. I don't particularly want to drive all the way home and then turn around and head back to work but that might be what I wind up doing. I will worry about that Tuesday!
OK, back to my laundry now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could always go to Braums while waiting to go to work. Froggy