Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Ketchup

Well, I'm more of an A1 type of person but I do like ketchup on some things!

Anyway.

First things first: Movie review. We saw the new Harry Potter movie this afternoon. It was very good. It left out a few things from the book, but the books are huge so they have to leave things out or the movies would be weeks long. There were a few changes, but they were relatively minor and did not detract from the story. There is one scene where Dumbledore mentions to Harry that he (Harry) needs to shave - I wonder if the writers threw that line in as a reference to the fact that the actors are all growing up and are in fact older than the characters they play? But one thing - if you're going to see the movie, you want to visit the bathroom first and then only get a small drink! It's over 2 hours. But it's very good.

Otter's last day of summer school is probably tomorrow. If the students have above a certain grade level and have no tardies or absences then they don't have to take the final exam. The final is on Tuesday. If they don't have to take the final, then they don't even have to go in on Tuesday. Otter is probably one of the few who are exempt, judging on the teacher's note and her grades. She'll find out for sure tomorrow. If she does have to go in on Tuesday, it'll only be for about 45 minutes for the test. But I don't think she's going to have to. Froggy, in case you are interested, I'm taking Otter to BRAUM'S for ice cream tomorrow afternoon. We're celebrating the end of summer school and her passing grade. Just thought you might want to know that.

I have posted another recipe, Monkey Bread. It was about 10:00 last night and I was so tired my eyes were crossing but I think I got everything right. I basically copied it from when I posted on this blog way back when and just made a couple of small changes.
I guess that's it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Otter. I am very proud of you. You handled summer school in a very mature way. I knew you could do it.
Btu I am not sure about Braums, only because I can't go with you. Enjoy it for both of us. Froggy