Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So Many Titles!

The first choice for a title is Pat the Ottermom. Remember the kid's book, Pat the Bunny? Well, I know exactly how that bunny feels. I was "radomly selected" at the airport this morning to be checked a little closer going through security. I don't buy the "random" part of it, because it's happened to me a lot. Like nearly every time! I was going to be put through the full-body scanner, but they were having a problem resetting it after having to scan the guy ahead of me more than once. The officer running the machine told him that his clothing had a reflection and that it might have been residue from the detergent they were laundered in. In my case, it almost always happens that I have to be screened closer after I go through the metal detector.

Another title choice would have been Because It's a Nice Day. Which was Bill's excuse for driving the El Camino today! Yesterday's reason was because it needed to be test driven after the shock replacement. Except that it got the test drive on Sunday! I'm not sure what his reason will be for tomorrow, but there will be one. I would be willing to bet money on that. :)

Otter's in TEXAS. Like I mentioned earlier, I took her to the airport this morning. We got there just after 6:00 a.m., and they let me go to the gate with her. I was surprised, I really didn't think that they would let me. But they did, and I was glad because otherwise I would have had about an hour to kill and no idea what to do! She called me after she got to her final destination and she said that she had a good flight. She had no trouble with her plane change, she's done it a few times now. Otter was very excited to get there and I know she will have a good time.


Nana asked me what Bill and I are going to do this week. Usually we have something planned, movies or dinners out, etc. But this time, we are just going to enjoy the quiet house! We have had so much company (which we really did enjoy) this summer that we think it's time to just relax. By quiet house, I don't mean that we'll be enjoying an Otter-free house. We already miss her and so do the poochies. The fuzzbutts (hamsters) haven't commented yet, but they were very glad to see me just now. Of course, that might have been because I was refilling their food bowl!

No comments: