Monday, April 04, 2011

A Few Observations on Monday

First of all, it's cold again.  It could freeze tonight.  We had the a/c on last week and the heater today.  I know that Texas weather is very quick to change.  But it doesn't even begin to hold a candle to Oklahoma weather!

Along with being much cooler today (50's), it's also been extremely windy.  We have Fire Alerts, which means that there is no outdoor burning allowed.  At all.  There have been some serious grass fires and there was one house fire late last night that became 2 houses completely gone and many surrounding houses with roof damage, due to the extremely high winds.  It's very dry here, which doesn't help matters.  We had a chance of rain last night, but we didn't really get anything out of it.

Froggy asked me about the March book list, seeing as it's April now.  Froggy, you apparently haven't been paying attention because I haven't posted one since the January list.  There wasn't one for February.  I'm not doing them anymore.  I've decided to comment on a few books as opposed to trying to list all the books I read.  The February list was probably the biggest one, or it would have been if I'd kept it.  I didn't even start one for March.  I'll occasionally post stuff about books.  I have been reading less and less fiction and more history and biography type things lately.  I think I've just about read everything the library has in the way of crochet books.  I have not found much fiction lately that I want to read.

Maggie Moo went to the vet today.  She and Frasier enjoyed their car ride.  Frasier parks in the back seat, which he takes up completely.  Maggie rides in the area between the two sides of the front seat.  She just fits.  She always pays attention to the direction we are going, and she knows exactly where we have to turn to go to the vet's.  The vet moved, however.  He's in the same strip center he was in before, but he's moved to the opposite end and has a much bigger space.  Maggie was being watchful today, when we didn't turn in to the parking lot where we usually did I noticed that she looked happy.  Then when we did turn, she wasn't aware that we were in fact at the vet.  She got out of the car easily, and happily went in the door with Otter and Frasier.  Then she saw the vet standing at the front desk, and that's when she realized just exactly where she was.  She was not amused!  She was even less amused a few minutes later, when the tech came to get her.  The tech had to play a round of Drag the Beagle.  When the procedure (behind squash) was over, the dog more of less flew out of the procedure room and straight back to Otter.  And she couldn't wait to get out of there and back into the car.  Not that I blame her.  Frasier weighed in at 69 pounds, or so.  He wouldn't be still on the scale, so he could actually be closer to 70 or 71 pounds.  Maggie has lost about 4 pounds, she's just under 25 pounds.  Which is a good thing.

We finally finished Otter's birthday cake.  It was good and it took us a while, but it's finally gone.  When we went to the bank earlier, the teller couldn't believe that she was even 18 let alone 19!

She graduates in just over a month.  That is simply not possible, she just entered kindergarted a few months ago!

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

Amazingly I think I've known you(online) since the early 2000's, possibly since 2001 when I joined YSQ. It does seem like yesterday! Congrats to Otter. :)

I really should visit YSQ more often.

Otter Mom said...

I know what you mean, time does fly! Especially where our kiddos are concerned, they grow too fast.

I usually visit YSQ about once a week. Since we don't do much eBay selling anymore, I haven't been on the site that much but it's still fun and there are a lot of nice people.

Anonymous said...

What is ysq? Tell me abut time flying. Kid1 is engaged and getting married next year. Kid2 has already graduated from college and Kid 3 graduates next year. I think that they should still be little and living at home. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

YSQ is a website forum that I belong to and that's where I "met" Alexandra from. It's oriented around eBay type selling and so forth.