Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday

Soft & Fluffy Friday.  Or at least that's what I've decided today is.  Soft weather, also known as mist alternating with rain accompanied by a cold wind.  It's almost like an early Fall day, instead of early Spring.  It's been in the mid-40's most of today.

Yesterday, it was Spring (and in the 80's.)  With the standard Spring Storm as well.  We had wall clouds, two in particular that were very close but didn't sprout anything.  However, we had sirens going off and were ready to run to the safe room if necessary.  We didn't have to, thankfully.  But we did get a hailstorm.  Gravel size, and no damage to the cars or anything.  Just to the Asian Lillies I just planted!  Also, some of my hostas have damaged leaves and the tulips look like they took a few hits as well.  But it could have been a whole lot worse.

It was worse, after the storms (there were more than one) moved through our area and on east/northeast.  There was also a tornado well south of us.

So, while we are thankful that we are ok, let's not forget that other people are not ok and their have been some deaths.  Prayers will help.

Yesterday, I was going to wear my new shoes.  And I realized that there was no way my left knee was going to let me.  So, my lunch hour was spent returning the shoes to Payless.  It was not a fun trip because I really did NOT want to do that.  But I think it was the right decision, since I wasn't going to be able to wear them.  Then last night I twisted my left knee and it was agonizing!  I was reaching across the bathroom to throw something away and I think I just moved wrong, because my knee twisted pretty hard.  I should have just taken one or two steps so I could reach the trash can.  I had to take an extra-strength motrin when I went to bed.  It's better today, but it has reminded me a couple of times today that it's not happy.  So I spent today's lunch hour running errands and one of those errands was to go buy a big bag of chocolate!  Chocolate cures everything. :)

I'm just glad that tomorrow is Saturday.  I might actually get to crochet, I have not had any time since last Saturday.  I get cranky when I don't get to play with my yarn!

No comments: