Friday, April 01, 2011

TGIF! Cough, Cough, Achoo

I've given in to my allergies today.  They have been getting worse over the last few days, and after hardly sleeping because I couldn't breathe last night, I decided to just give in and let them have their way.  So, I'm home.  With my coughing and sneezing!  And slightly sore throat.  And two dogs, who are curled up in the living room floor. Where they've been since breakfast! Which was the only reason they interrupted their sleep - food, followed by more sleep. Smart doggies.

I hate allergies. I have a lot of sinus pressure, but not actual sinus pain so I'm not worried about an infection. But I am not enjoying it! This spring is predicted to be a bad one as far as allergies go. The freezing weather we had in early February delayed the blooming cycle of some plants/trees. So they are all blooming at once, instead of being spread out somewhat.

Otter enjoyed her birthday.  We took her & BF to the restaurant known as the Hog Trough in the family but it has another name, Golden Corral, which is what the rest of the world calls it.  We met her grandparents there and had a fun meal.  Then we came back to the house for birthday cake.  Which was really good, and of course we had to have ice cream with the cake.  Froggy, any guesses on where the ice cream came from?  After the cake & ice cream, Otter and BF took the dogsters out in the back yard and ran around with them.  When the dogs decided that they'd had enough play (which took a while), both poochies came inside and crashed on their blanket.  And stayed there, unmoving, for hours.

OK, my crochet is calling me.  Although I'm not sure I have the patience for it today.  Along with having sneeze/coughing outbreaks, I'm also grumpy.  Maybe I'll just go make some herbal tea and watch tv for a while.  I'm sure the doggies will be more than willing to keep me company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You went to Braums to buy the ice cream right? I am sorry that you are having allergy problems. We are having oak. It is the one that gets me the most. It has been very heavy and will be until we get some rain.
I am glad the birthday was fun.
Froggy