Friday, April 29, 2011

TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF

Can you tell I'm glad that it's Friday?  :)

It's been a long week.  I'm glad that it's over and done with.

Otter is better, it is NOT strep and that's a good thing.  But she's still not well.  However, I think the problems she's having today are allergy and not the virus she had.  We bought her some stronger allergy medicine on the way home today.  The benadryl does work, but she can't take it during the day and function.  So she got an alka-seltzer cold/allergy pill that has both a non-drowsy and a nighttime med in the same box.  She'll probably start on it tonight.  She was fairly miserable when I picked her up.  Among other things, we also bought a 3-pack of large boxes of lotion kleenex.  She'll probably go through most of them this weekend.

And I may help her on that.  I have what could be allergy, or could be the early symptoms of the virus she had.  It's an easy Friday night snack dinner, we're having nachos.  I'm going to load mine up with picante sauce and see if that helps.

We didn't get up at darkthirty to watch the royal wedding on tv, but we did see some of the highlights on the regular news we usually watch at 6:00 in the morning.  I do like the dress, I thought it was very pretty.  Classic, elegant and understated, which is what I like.  I'm just glad that it does not look a thing like her late mother-in-law's ridiculously ugly dress that was all the rage when I was shopping for a wedding gown!

I've got crochet plans tomorrow.  I finally found the pattern for the swiffer cover that I've been looking for.  It wasn't misplaced, it was actually in my pattern notebook.  I just couldn't find it when I looked for it, I guess the plastic sleeves stuck together and I thought maybe I didn't have that pattern after all.  I have one swiffer cover, that I bought last summer at a craft mall in San Antonio when I was visiting Froggy.  It works great, but it's starting to show signs of wear (we use the swiffer a lot) so I decided that it was time to make a new one.  I never did copy the one I bought before it got used, and cotton yarn tends to clump up after it gets wet and scrubbed on the floor.  I'm about 3/4 of the way done on the one I'm making (which is blue, as opposed to pink camo like the one I bought) and should be able to get it finished quickly.  It's a fast pattern, I worked on it a couple of nights ago but haven't had a chance to get back to it.  I haven't used thin gauge cotton yarn too much, but I really like it.  I have a few other plans for it.

We are absolutely heartbroken over the devastation wrought by the multiple tornados in the south Wednesday night.  It's just unbelievable.  I've already posted links to the Salvation Army and other charities, on previous posts about natural disasters.  They should be easy to find, if anyone is interested in helping.  Tornadic damage kind of hits "close to home", seeing how we live in Tornado Alley.  But they can and do happen anywhere.  I'm sure that they can use all the help they can get, and that includes our prayers.

The bluebonnet in the front yard has a 2nd bud!  It's doing great.  Bill mowed the yard today, he was very careful around it.  We planted morning glory seeds yesterday, we'll see what happens.  There are already a few coming up on Otter's trellis by the rock garden.  Obviously, we can't tell what kind they are, but I expect them to be the original variety and not anything from last year's bad seeds.  Hopefully, the seeds we planted yesterday are good and not bad like last year's!

We also have had our first hummingbird visit!  It was a few days ago, maybe last weekend, when we saw one on the feeder.  We've seen it a couple of times, and I had one buzz me yesterday when I was in the front yard.  The feeder had been up for a while and was probably fermented, so I cleaned it and refilled it last night.

Hummingbirds, morning glories and bluebonnets.  Happy, happy!

No comments: