Sunday, May 01, 2011

Sunday Rain!

When will it ever stop?  Pastor David said today that he doesn't think we've actually had spring yet.  He's waiting for it.  Frankly, I'll be happy if we skip spring entirely (or at least any more spring storms) and go straight to summer.  Which might be hot, but we can handle that.  Although Bill did say that he's not complaining now, because he'd rather have cool weather than the hot stuff we grew up with.  I do see his point, but I'm beginning to get tired of near constant rainy weather.  (Actually, we did have spring.  It was just very short.  Then we went back to winter or possibly to fall wannabe).

Otter tried the allergy medicine we bought her on Friday.  She said that it seems to work, the daytime version allows her to breathe and that's a big improvement over how she was last week.  Benadryl works for her, but it's a sleepy one so she could only use it at night.  I'm not sure if Benadryl has a daytime version or not, but the alka seltzer cold/allergy stuff works so she'll use it.

I finished my crochet swiffer cover.  Then I put it on the swiffer and decided that I didn't like it.  So I frogged out a little bit of it and re-did it.  The one I bought last summer works, I wound up copying it instead of using the pattern I had.  Since it has been used many times, the stiches are a little smushed together and it's harder to count the number needed as well as tell what the specific stitch is.  But I figured it out and the one I made will work fine.

I'm not sure, but I think we might have two hummingbirds.  I know that we at least have one, but there might have been another one zipping by when the first one was at the feeder today.  Hope so!

We've made two trips to Michael's today.  Both were for Bill.  He's working on casting some small pieces for the pachinko machines.  He bought a mold making kit, but it wasn't very good.  The stuff mixed up strange, not like it was supposed to and he tried it multiple times.  Then we went back and he found another type to use.  I'm not sure when he's going to try the second mold stuff he bought, I don't think he's going to mess with it tonight.  We also went to the dollar store when we were out the first time.  It was "strange people day" at the dollar store.  Kind of like the "People of WalMart" jokes that I've seen, except it was the dollar store this time.

I don't think the dogs like this weather any better than I do.  They were pretty bored earlier, I was in the floor and they started a war.  Apparently, I was base and they kept running to me, away from me and then around me.  At top speed.  At one point, they both ran over me!  I think Maggie was trying to jump over my legs, but Frasier just bulldozed me.  But they seemed to enjoy it, silly babies.

OK, I'm going back to my laundry now.

No comments: