Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday Ketchup

Nothing spectacular happening around here, but in order to keep Froggy off my back about blogging I thought that I should at least post something.  (Ducking and running now!). (Grin).

We are probably about to get hammered, thunder & lightning on the way with assorted other things such as rain and maybe windy stuff.  It's very cloudy and getting darker.  It's 4:30 in the afternoon, but it looks much later.

We did have one unpleasant thing to deal with this week.  Our Paypal account got hacked.  We got an email from Paypal, confirming a $443 purchase of a laptop computer.  Except that we didn't buy one.  Bill was unable to get into our account because the password had been changed.  Not by one of us!  So, we called Paypal and they said that they thought it was a fraudulent transaction - but they let it go through anyway.  They cancelled it, but they had already sent the withdawel order to the bank so I had to go to the bank and have a stop payment issued.  Paypal also showed that they sent the money back to us, but told us that it could take days and we should probably go to the bank.  Which I did, last Friday actually.  Last night, the withdraw order came through AND THE BANK HONORED IT!  Even though I had it it writing that they wouldn't.  So, back to the bank today for me.  They got a "small" taste of RedHeadTexasWoman and are reimbursing us, since they screwed up.  That could take up to 24 hours, I haven't checked in the last couple of hours but will soon.  It had better be fixed - and stay fixed, this time.

It's been frustrating dealing with this, to say the least.

But all the Paypal passwords have been changed again (by us) and hopefully, this won't happen again.  It seems to be happening more and more often, I've heard of several people who have gone through this.  If we didn't keep such a close watch on things, there is no telling how much we would have had stolen.

Bill's finished two of the wooden chairs we bought for the deck.  He's working on the third one now.  They are really nice and very comfortable.

I'm going to get this posted now, before I have to suddenly turn off the computer.  Then, I think I'll go crochet.  I started a new project for Otter and it's calling my name.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just getting ready to nag you about your blogging. Just wait I will get you next time or for something else. Ducking and Running was a great idea. I had my password changed on paypal, not by me, about a week ago. I caught it before anything was charged. So know I am keeping a close eye on everything.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

You had a problem with it earlier, as I recall.

Anonymous said...

Yes and now I keep getting emails that say my information is needed. I just report all this as phishing(?) and don't give any info. Froggy

Anonymous said...

es and now I keep getting emails that say my information is needed. I just report all this as phishing(?) and don't give any info. Froggy