Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Babies!

Specifically, the chirpy & feathered kind.


Here's mama bird on the nest.  This is a wire/wrought iron planter that was my mother's.  She had it on her covered back porch and might have had a plant of some type in it.  I have a small clay pot with a plastic ivy.  Apparently, it was exactly what mama bird wanted when she was in the real-estate market.  It's safe, secure and protected from the weather.  It's on the front porch.  We've been watching her for days, and trying to go in and out as quickly as possible.

This morning, I was looking out the door to see if the paper had been delivered (something that doesn't always happen lately) and saw mama bird standing on the nest, facing the wall.  I could very clearly see little heads (with open mouths) looking back at her.


There were just two eggs the day I took a picture with my cell phone, and one that had smashed on the porch.  Apparently, when I took my picture mama bird wasn't through - there are 4 little beaks!  We think that they are wrens.  I took this picture very quickly and since it's higher than my head, I wasn't able to aim the camera very well but I still think it came out pretty good.

We've been dealing with a tummy bug this weekend.  Last weekend, I was joking with Otter and told her that if she had any illnesses planned it would be a good idea to postpone them a week so she could finish school.  She laughed about it.  Then yesterday morning she woke up not feeling the best.  She had breakfast but then later she was unable to keep anything down.  She's better today, but now Bill and I both have had a little nausea to deal with.  We're being careful, hopefully it won't be any worse and Otter will be over hers quickly.

She actually felt better this afternoon, and was desperate to get out of the house.  So I took her with me for a short errand.  We left her at home this morning for church, I think the extra couple of hours worth of sleep was good for her.

Movie Review:  We rented I Am Number Four to watch yesterday.  It was ok, better than we expected.  I think it's based on a book.  We're anxiously awaiting two movies:  Rango to come out on video which might be in June or July, and the final Harry Potter movie to hit the theaters in July.

I think I'll go play with a couple of doggies now.  They are not being allowed out in the backyard by themselves for a while, they aren't happy about it.  But they don't have a choice, we don't want a moonscape instead of a backyard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures of the bird nests.Froggy