Friday, May 27, 2011

Final Friday of Otter's School Adventures!

Well, at least part of her school adventures.  There's still college of one type or another in her future.

I still can't quite realize that I have a daughter who is already out of school.  I keep thinking that it's just been a few days since I was buying stuff to start packing her lunches when she was going into kindergarten!  I don't think it's really going to feel real for any of us (Otter included) until the late summer, when we would have been buying school supplies and so forth.  She'll still need supplies and clothing, but it will be a different ballgame.

I'm really glad that it's Friday.  It's been a loooooooooooooooong week.  Last week was absolutely crazy busy with the graduation, Nana visiting, shopping with Nana (lots of that!) and all the activities.  This week was just long.  I am so ready for Saturday.

On that note, I'm going to post this and go read my email.  Then very shortly, we're going to have the meal that Otter chose for her last day of school.  When she started kindergarten, her first day of school was celebrated with her choice for dinner and she chose Luby's.  While Luby's is still good (we don't eat there often, they aren't convenient to us anymore), her tastes have grown up along with the rest of her.  So tonight's menu?  Steak and baked potatos.  Guess she is her parent's daughter after all! :)

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

They grow up waaay too fast. My son is already a bit taller than I and a teen. He was just a little kid a few years ago!


OT, but they are having some excellent war movies all weekend, and did you notice that there is a Star Trek marathon! I just watched the Final Encounter(Next Generation).That's the one where Picard matches wits with the Borg as they come to attack earth great movie.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Otter, Enjoy the summer before you start college. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Obviously, I'm a Trek fanatic. And my favorite movie is the one you mentioned, First Contact is the actual name, and the Borg Queen is my nickname for a reason. :)

Otter Mom said...

Part of Otter's summer plans include a job, she's starting to put in applications and is hopeful. Last year, there were virtually no jobs for teenagers.