Friday, August 23, 2013

Fenced In

The builder got through moving the fence today.  They set the posts Wednesday and then his crew was back at it today.  We were hoping it would be yesterday since Bill was home, but we thought yesterday might have been too soon.  They set the posts in concrete and it takes a little time for it to cure enough to hold weight.  Otter was home today, she called me with regular updates.  From what the builder told Bill the other night, we were concerned that they might try to get away with putting chain link at each end since the only part that they actually moved is in the middle of the fence.  But they did put additional wooden fence slats.  The builder was there when Bill got home and he saw Bill looking over the fence so he asked Bill if it was ok with him.  Bill said it was fine, and that he was glad it was not chain link because that would have been a problem.  The morning glories were doing really well and would probably have been blooming within a few days.  We're probably going to go with honeysuckle instead of morning glories.
 
The dermatologist called me today.  He was confused that he called for Bill but I answered.  I guess he didn't see the note about it being my cell phone number as a contact.  He had to go look at the paperwork Bill signed before he could talk to me, but we make sure that we are on each other's approved list for medical stuff.  We're also on Otter's, at least as long as she's living here and is on our insurance policy.  Anyway, he said that the lab report came back and he did not get it all.  I'm not really surprised, the spot was pretty big.  It was NOT the bad kind, just a "standard" skin cancer.  But it's in a really bad place.  He suggested that Bill see the plastic surgeon, but Bill isn't willing to do that.  Bill's barely willing to go back at all, but I'm digging my heels in and not letting him avoid it.  The dermatologist made an appointment for Bill to come in next Thursday morning at 8:00 to get the rest of it taken out.  It should take about an hour.  IF, that is, I can get Bill there! :(
 
We've watched the first two episodes of Heroes of Cosplay.  It's not an accurate accout of cosplay or cosplayers, at all.  It seems to make the emphasis on the wrong things.  For one thing, cosplay can be sexy but it is not intended to be sexual.  There are a lot of other things we've noticed.  Cosplay is for everybody, as cosplayers will often tell you.  It doesn't matter if you are big, small, tall, short, disabled in anyway, etc., but the show makes it look like it's only for perfect people.  The show is not very popular among serious cosplayers, for a very good reason.  I'm not sure if we'll keep watching it or not.  Otter is a serious cosplayer, I probably would have been too if I was her age.  It was just coming into being when I was her age and it took it a few years to really get going.
 
This morning I saw something that I really liked.  I had to go into the "downtown" area of the small town we live in - it's one street and not too crowded but it does have some fun shops.  I was a little early for school zones, but the crossing guard I passed was there early.  She was sitting in her chair, waiting for the kids to show up.  To pass the time, she was crocheting!  I wish I'd had time to stop and talk to her, but it brightened my morning considerably.
 
My migraine finally went away, although I had residual pain from it until late this morning and now I have "almost" a headache.  I think I'm going to have a glass of wine and relax this evening.

No comments: