Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ouchie Day

For me!  I woke up at 2:30 this morning with a really bad headache.  My first thought was that it was probably a sinus infection but I wasn't really sure because of where the pain was.  I've only had one other migraine this year.  I went back to sleep - somewhat - and then Bill woke me up at 5:00 with a cup of coffee.  At that point, my head was still hurting and I was slightly nauseated.  The coffee did help a little bit, I decided to lie down on the couch for a few minutes.  Much to Frasier's delight, as he kept sticking his nose in my face.  After a while, I decided to go back to bed and see how I felt in a couple of hours.  Bill woke me up again about 7:30, and that's when I realized that the reason I woke up at 2:30 was because it was a full-blown migraine.  At that point, I called in to work.  I had a little more coffee, caffeine helps.  I took 3 extra-strength Motrin since I didn't want the usual migraine cocktail of Tylenol/aspirin/caffeine.  I can't take aspirin very often, thanks to the bleeding part of the Redhead Curse.  Just plain Tylenol doesn't work that well, but Motrin does seem to work a little bit.
 
I did try to take an afternoon nap and might have been able to, if it weren't for the builders behind us roofing one of the two newest houses.  Every time I'd just about get to sleep, someone would start hammering.  I finally just gave up and got up.
 
I mostly just took it easy and hung around the house today.  Except for a very short run to Wallyworld for more Motrin, when I prevailed upon Otter to run me up there since the idea of driving with a crushing headache was not something that thrilled me.  I needed a specific dosage of Motrin, otherwise I'd have just sent her.  I hope she got the car seat moved back far enough, sometimes she forgets and I discover it when I get in the car and my elbows and knees are up at my ears!
 
Bill is doing a lot better today.  He decided to call in, he's over most of the pain although it's still tender.  But he looks like he got punched in the nose - which I might claim doing!  He'll decide about tomorrow in the morning.
 
Such an exciting day.
 
Bill posted the steampunk pachinko machine on a pachinko forum he belongs to. He did say that it is not for sale.  He's already gotten one email from another member - who wants to know how much Bill wants for it!  It was an easy answer - it's not Bill's machine!  It's mine.  And I'm not selling it.  For any amount of money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a migraine yesterday. If I take 2 super strength Tylenol and a couple of feverfew and then nap it gets better. But I have to take these at the start. I was not home when it started so it was a long day. Today I was very tired fro yesterday. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

My problem was that I was asleep when mine hit, so I didn't realize what it was and couldn't take anything to head it off. As a result, it seems to be hanging around a lot longer. I'm usually tired for a long time after them as well.