Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Eleventh Hour of the Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month


The picture is actually D-Day, but it's still one of the best.
Yesterday at the post office, the clerk was complaining that she hadn't heard any patriotic songs and she thought that she should have, because wasn't there some type of patriotic holiday coming up sometime soon? I didn't get the chance to educate her, because the man in line before me beat me to it. And he gave her a very good history lesson, explained what & why we commemorate on November 11th. She was around my age, and so was the gentlemen who spoke, and I was amazed that she was so IGNORANT.
Veteran's Day is too important for us not to observe it! We simply can not forget it and what it means. I don't think it's just because I am the daughter of a WWII vet (specifically, a D-Day Omaha Beach Vet), but it does seem like too many people either don't know what today is or maybe they just don't care. And I'm not going to accept that.
Words from Otter:
THANKS, GRANDPA!

No comments: