Thursday, May 10, 2012

Quick Thursday Thoughts

We're still allergic!  Otter's better than yesterday, although she says that she's tired of sneezing.  I've sneezed more today, but have had less throat tickles.  Bill's still sneezy, and they are hard sneezes but maybe not as often.

On a totally unrelated note, I just realized that I put ear plugs in my ears last night because Billyboy was noisy in his sleep (due to his allergies) and I have no idea where they went.  They were not in my ears when I got up this morning.  Which means that either a) I'll find them by rolling over on one in the night because they are somewhere in the bed or b) they are on the floor somewhere and I'll find one by stepping on it.  They're foam and squishy, it's kind of surprising to step on one.  But at least it's not as bad as the time I stepped on a slug at the old house!

When Otter was little and having bad asthma spells, we would have what we called "living room slumber parties" when she was really having a bad one and we'd sleep on the couch.  That way, I could hear her and she was close enough to me so I could get to her fast if she needed me.  Which happened a few times.  Or if she needed a breathing treatment in the night, because they had to be given on a regular schedule as well as occasionally she just needed one.  One night, I found a slug.  With my foot.  It was on the edge of the metal register over the air conditioner (floor) vent, so it was super cold.  And squishy!  Really gross.  We had lots of slugs at that house, for some reason.  They were possibly coming up from the a/c floor vents, so at one point I actually had salt sprinkled around the vents.  Salt makes them dissolve.  And then they are even grosser!  As I found out when I was vacuuming one day, and found what was left of one after it crossed the salt line.  I'm not afraid of them, I just don't like stepping on them.

Otter and I made our weekly trip to the library this afternoon.  She didn't get quite as many books as normal, but she did get an armload.  I found several and I might actually have time to read this weekend.  Well, that's the plan anyway.

We're going to see the Avengers movie Sunday.  My choice for Mother's Day.  It sounds like it's really good and we can't wait.  I'm probably going to go by the theater tomorrow and get advance tickets, although it's been out for a little while now and maybe won't be sold out.

Then Otter is going to make me brownies.  I told her I wanted her to bake something this year, and she chose brownies.  It took me about 10 months to teach her to crochet (last year's request for Mother's Day) because every time either one of us mentioned it - she'd get sick.  So I kind of forgot about it.  Then I realized that it was nearly Mother's Day again, so I grabbed yarn and a hook one day and announced "today's the day."  At least she didn't get sick!  Actually, she liked it.  She seems to be a natural at it, although she hasn't done much of it because she's been working on some of her other crafts.

But that's ok.  I've created another yarn addict, so I'm happy.

RIF, y'all!

No comments: