Sunday, April 14, 2013

Allergy Slugs

I have allergies.  I feel like a slug - lazy and hardly able to move.  Not cold & slimy, however - just draggy and sluggish.  And it's going to be that way for a while.  It's very windy, which only makes it worse.  I was out in the back yard just now, the construction behind us frequently means trash blown into our yard and there was a lot today.  I picked it up, but there will be more soon.  I am so tempted to take our own trash over to the closest house being built and dump it in front of the construction workers - and tell them that I was just returning the favor!  However, the ones working out there today probably wouldn't understand me as I don't really think that English was their first language and I've forgotten most of the not-very-extensive Spanish I used to know.

Is it too much to hope for that it will be winter again soon?  And that we'll have a really cold one?  Because that is what it's going to take to get rid of all the allergins in the air.

Otter's aren't as bad, which is a good thing.  She still has them, it's just that mine are worse.  Today, anyway.  Billyboy is even showing signs, which is a B.A.D. thing as he's the least allergic person I know.

Anyway.  On to other things.

Saw this bumper sticker on a car at Wallyworld this morning.  I happen to like this one, the original one it's based on is stupidstupidstupid.  But this one?  It's great:


(Probably comes as no surprise that we are very much a 2nd Amendment believing family.)

Otter's working today, she was hoping to have today off because her D & D group hasn't been able to get together for several weeks now.  They generally play on Sundays, but they haven't all been able to get together for 3 or 4 weeks.  She was off last Sunday but she spent the day with her (new) boyfriend and he's not actually part of the D & D group.  I don't think that they were even trying to get together to play last Sunday anyway, seems like she said someone else was out of town or something.  But she's hoping to be off next Sunday.  At least she is off next Saturday, she had to work yesterday.  Her days are staggered this week.  She has to be in at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow - that means that she has to be up at 4:30, eat breakfast and be out the door by 5:30.  A.M.  She doesn't have early days too often at least.  She loves the job, by the way.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get the bumper sticker.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I'll explain it the next time I post.