Sunday, April 28, 2013

Furniture

We've been moving the furniture around in the Otter's room.  Specifically, we needed to make room for her desk.  The desk has been in the office for a couple of years, but Billyboy wanted to use the space for a wall-mounted pachinko machine cabinet so the desk had to move.  Otter has been wanting to rearrange her room anyway, but she wasn't quite sure how she wanted it.  She didn't quite get it rearranged, but the desk is in there now.  She was trying to figure out how to put everything how she wanted it, and still have room to actually walk, but that didn't quite work out.  We're going to measure her bed and chest of drawers to see if we can still make it work the way she wants, but we've had enough heavy moving for the day today.  Otter's gone to one of her girlfriends houses for the afternoon, when she gets home she'll have a bunch of stuff to put away that is temporarily piled on top of her bed since she took out a plastic stacking basket-style shelf unit but it might go back into her room.

In the meantime, my tendonitis is a little on the unhappy side!  Not that I blame it, but I'll put up with it.  Not much else I can do, actually.  It isn't bad, I'm just aware of it is all.  Also, I have done a lot of crochet over the last two days.  I finished Nana's lap blanket yesterday.  My next UFO is Bill's lap blanket.  It won't take that long, once I actually get back to it.  Most of it is actually done, I just decided to make it a little bigger.  It's made with royal blue yarn in granny squares, with a light blue final row on each square and I still have three or four-ish that need the light blue.  Then I just have to attach them to the rest of the blanket.  Then the fun begins, I have to do tails on all of them!  Tails are what will take the longest, each tail has to be woven into the crocheted stitches and it's a pain to do.  But it will be nice to be done with it.

I've been having issues with my computer, and it's getting really frustrating.  For various reasons, we think it might be on the way to a crash.  Since I've had it for 6 - 8 years or thereabouts, it's time to replace it.  If it weren't acting up like it's been doing, I would be happy to keep using it but it's telling me that it's time to be replaced.  I'm going to get a laptop this time, Bill is actually on the phone with Dell at the moment and he is also going to replace his desktop at the same time.  Otter's had a laptop for a little over a year and she loves it.  Bill's computer has been acting up for a while, but he wasn't ready to replace it yet.  But since mine is also getting wonky now and we don't want to be without one at all - the majority of the pachinko business is conducted online, it's time to replace them.  I'm not sure how long he's had his computer, but it might be older than mine.  He's getting a desktop, mine will be a laptop but I'll probably use the regular keyboard with it.  At least when I'm actually sitting at my desk working on it, since it will have wi-fi capability.  I'm amazed at how the price has come down over the years, Otter's laptop was fairly inexpensive even with the extras she's got on it.  But the two that Bill's just ordered are about the same price as what we paid for hers alone.

Movie Review:  The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008).  I expected it to be bad.  I was not disappointed, it was awful!

Not that I'm ever planning on moving again, but this is where I'd probably want to have as my address:


Because, as we all know, Star Trek rules.  The rest is just entertainment.  Sometimes it's actually good entertainment.  But not always, as we discovered with yesterday's movie.

I'm going to surf the internet for a while longer, then it's time to go play with the puppies.  After that, it's time to make chili!

No comments: