Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thinking About Something

And I'll talk about it later.  Let's just say that it involves yarn, and public places.  And it's in June.

Anyway.  On to other stuff.

The concussion symptoms have gone away, which is a good thing.  However, now that they have gone away and left an opening - my allergies are back in full force!  I'm not happy about that.  I didn't exactly enjoy the concussion symptoms, but I don't like allergies either!  The concussion symptoms went away gradually, which is what they do.  I've had a bit of a headache off & on since about Tuesday which might still be the lingering effects but could also be allergy and since I've had other allergy symptoms, I'm leaning towards it mostly being allergy-related.

Urg.

At least tomorrow is Friday!

A new store opened yesterday in one of the nearby small towns.  Otter and I were apparently having a crazy moment, because we decided to go check it out.  On opening day!  Along with the population of approximately half of this corner of the state!  It's a nice store, smaller than we thought but not tiny.  It's a littler pricier than a "standard" grocery store but sometimes you do get what you pay for.  We didn't buy much, but we did stand in line for 30 - 45 minutes to check out.  We'll probably go back, but it's not going to be a regular stop for us.  They had a few different teas, which Otter is always in the market for.  They had several specials, since it was the first day of business.  Large eggs for $1.00/dozen, for example.  We bought two dozen, even though we didn't need them but they'll keep and we'll eventually eat them.  They had fresh corn on the cob, which was delicious with tonight's dinner.  Which was also made with something we got there - venison burgers!  Otter had never had venison, which I didn't realize.  She loved it.  Which we expected.  It was very good, but I think I actually prefer buffalo burgers although venison is always good.

I haven't had any crochet time at all this week.  I didn't want to even attempt it earlier in the week, with the headache I had for a couple of days.  But once the headache went away, things got busy and I simply have not had time.  I'm working on Nana's lap blanket and I can probably get it finished in one sitting.  Provided I can actually find the time to sit!  Then I think I'm going to get Bill's lap blanket finished and after that I'll have one UFO to work on, it's a hat for Otter.  The afghan is still in the UFO stage, although I have gotten quite a bit done on it recently.  But since it's now starting to get warm, and the afghan is getting big, it might go back into the stash closet until the fall.  Maybe, I might work on it some in the near future.  But I'm also going to get back to de-stashing, there are still more scarves to be made for the police donation and I also want to get started on chemo caps.

And I'll also need to get started on something else.  That won't be needed until after May.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how do you eat corn on the cob with dentures?
I almost have kid3s t-shirt quilt finished. I only have about 1/4 of the binding to finish. I have also finished a quilt top for the Linus project and a quilt top for my church sewing group. Next I will go back to crazy uncles quilt. I am doing the hand quilting and
there is a lot of it.
I am working on finishing kid3s scrapbook. It is almost finished also.
I hate allergies also, they are so bad this year. I don't know if it is because we moved or just a bad year.
Froggy