Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Maybe Tomorrow?

The Fed-Ex guy will bring our new computers!

Maybe they'll be right.  Although with the way the Dell people have been acting, we're not holding our breath.  (Yes, Froggy.  I know.)  They kept messing up our order, I have lost track of how many phone calls/emails it's taken to get it (hopefully) fixed.  They kept getting it more and more goofed up, until Bill decided to let his TEXAN out to play and he told them that they either got it fixed and confirmed via email within 24 hours, or he'd cancel the order.  And then we'd go to someone else.  That seems to have done the trick, or at least he received an email with all the correct information.  And it didn't take 24 hours, unlike their earlier correspondence they got right on it.  It wasn't a threat or a bluff, he meant it.

I hope they do actually get it right.  We've never had a problem dealing with them before, but it seems like they are of the "go big or go home" school of thought.  Well, so are we!  But I'm about to spend considerable money with them, so I would really like it to be right.  I think it will be.

Now, we're just hoping that Fed-Ex does it's part right and a) delivers when we are here and/or b) doesn't just leave it all on the front porch!  There's been a rash of stolen mail, not necessarily in my area, but in the Tulsa area.

Bill's already lobbying me to get a wrap for my laptop.  I think my laptop might be the same size as Otter's, she has a sticker on the inside of hers (I think near the keyboard, I'm not sure) and Bill keeps teasing her about using her computer "accidentally on purpose."  They are having a good time with that joke.  I'll probably put some type of decoration on mine and it may well be a wrap.  I'm thinking Borg Cube would be appropriate, or possibly bluebonnets.  To be determined later.

It was warm today, around 80 or thereabouts.  Tomorrow will also be warm.  Then tomorrow night, everything changes and it could freeze.  Thursday is supposed to be in the 40's and I forget exactly what Friday's forecast is, but I think it's probably similar to Thursday.  I think the grouindhog might do better to stay hidden, otherwise he might just get turned into houseshoes!

I'm having allergy issues again.  Well, always actually.  But they are worse today, they were better but I decided to take Otter to the grocery store with me and I sat in the car with the windows down while I waited on her to get moving.  It was too warm to sit in the car with the windows up and I really don't like to just sit with the car running so no a/c!  The problem is that it was very windy and it's spring.  Which means allergies!  I'm so hyper-sensitized right now that the slightest thing is setting me off, and my skin allergies are on overdrive at times.  I'm itchy for the least little reason!

Nana comes to see us next week!  We can hardly wait. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When should we plan a weekend visit to see you?

We did not buy dell because of the wait time to get questions answered.
Froggy