Thursday, May 02, 2013

Records are Falling!

Specifically, the ones about the latest day of snow in Tulsa.  May 2, 2013 is now the new record.  EEK!

Actually, it was just a trace and probably melted about as soon as somebody actually saw it.  But, it still counts.  I saw sleet, when I had to run to BigLots about 6:00 tonight.  Again, it was melting as soon as I saw it.  But, it still counts.

Yesterday was warm, today wasn't.  We hit our high temp of mid-40's early, like before dawn.  It's been heading downward steadily ever since.  It will be in the 30's tonight, although it might not get quite to 32.  It's been rainy off & on today.  Tomorrow will be the same, although I'm not sure about the rainy part.  We'll have a cold weekend, at least for early May.  It should be nicer by Monday.  It's just kind of odd to have to wear sweatshirts and coats this late.

Froggy, we've usually had better experiences with Dell.  It's just this particular transaction.  Fed-Ex came yesterday, about 10:00 in the morning.  They weren't supposed to come until later in the day.  Of course, Bill didn't get home until about 12:30 and they left a note on the door.  He got online and arranged for the re-delivery to be after 7:00 p.m. tonight.  Otter was home today, and it's a good thing because Fed-Ex was on our doorstep about 10:30.  She signed for everything and Bill's now working on my laptop.  It's a slow process, much slower than I thought.  The errand to BigLots was because he needed to create the rescue disk and the only choice was to get a usb drive.  We have plenty, but none of them are big enough.  So, I ran to BigLots and got two because he'll need to make one when he gets his new computer set up.

I'm not sure when I'll actually get to email you, so Froggy this next paragraph is for you also:

I'll get back with you regarding a visit.  It's still what is referred to as "season" and in this area, that means Tornado Season.  We'll have company next weekend, Nana will be here over Mother's Day weekend.  After that, we'll have to get together with our calendars and see what we can come up with.  Did you have any particular time in mind?  Let me know, we'll get something figured out.  I know you did want to go to Oklahoma City at one point, to the Memorial.  And you already know that there are lots of thrift stores, antique shops and flea markets here.  (No, I'm not forgetting Braums!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No special date in mind for Crazy uncle and me to visit. Probably for a 3 or 4 day weekend.
Glad you got your computers.Froggy