Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday. Humid. Tired. Hot. Busy.

That just about sums up my day.
 
I've actually been above average temperature for days now, and it shows no sign of stopping.  So, I've decided to just go with the flow.  The deep freeze has been in need of defrosting for a while now, but I've been putting it off.  However, since I seem to be in a near-constant hot flash it seemed like a good time to take care of that.  So, I unloaded the freezer this morning and crammed just about everything into the freezer compartment over the fridge.  We have a big refrigerator, so the freezer is fairly big.  But it's still on the verge of being over-full.  There are a few things that were in the deep freeze that are ok just being left on the counter, such as several chocolate bunnies that we've had since Easter but forgot about!  The freezer is now de-iced and I'm going to transfer everything back in a little while.  Hopefully, I will remember to defrost it a little sooner this time, it has been too long.
 
It's also humid.  Has been for a couple of days, in fact.  Humidity and my asthmatic lungs just don't go together.  I have more or less been confined inside for days, with just brief spells of being outside for things like running to the car while holding my breath and that sort of thing.
 
I'm tired, but that goes with the fact that I'm still warm and the fact that my allergies are on overdrive.  Also, that goes with the busy part!
 
Typical Sunday, in other words.  Too much to do and not enough hours to do it in. :)
 
I'm in the middle of a very frustrating crochet project.  Otter found some beautiful cotton yarn at the yarn store last weekend when we went shopping with Nana.  It's a smaller gauge than most cotton yarn, but she wanted a cap and I love a challenge.  I started out with my standard pattern but made several adjustments for yarn size as I worked each row.  Then I decided I didn't like the way it was turning out, so I frogged it and started over without the adjustments.  Frog # 2 was the result of that!  I found a pattern online at Lion Brand's website and it was for the specific cotton yarn size.  Of course, it's too small - even though it is supposed to be an adult-size hat and what I've made is the measurements/size/row/stitch count it is supposed to be, there is no way that this is an adult-sized pattern.  Frog # 3 is probably happening later today, I think I'm going to remake it with the Lion Brand pattern because I like the way it looks, but I'm going to go up 3 or 4 hook sizes which should make the difference.  I hope so anyway!  It's a gorgeous purple color with opalescent metallic flecks and is going to look wonderful on Otter's red hair.  When I finally get it made, that is!  It will be on the craft blog, when I finally get it finished to size.  It's a slightly different pattern than the one I usually use and I really have enjoyed the crochet process - just not the fact that it's a kid-size!  I've noticed that with patterns before with online patterns.
 
I have some more thoughts on the new ST movie, but I'm not quite ready to post them.  But I will say this:  Those sharks are well-fed!

No comments: