Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wet, Rainy Day

It was in the 70's today, the low 70's.  It was supposed to be in the mid-80's.  Guess they missed this one!
 
I took my car into Chevy today.  It's been making a noise for a while that we thought was probably the air conditioner, and since the extended warranty is about to run out we decided to get it in there asap.  The a/c system has been problematic before, but a lot of that was when we were using that other shop that we quit going to.  That particular shop was making things up, there were a bunch of things that they said were wrong but Chevy never found any sign of.  We also wondered at the time if maybe we had work done that wasn't needed.  Today, the Chevy mechanic  said that the noise was the same problem the other shop had fixed - and it might well be one of the repairs that we paid for but they might not have actually fixed, he couldn't tell if it had ever been repaired or not.  (It's too late to worry about that, but it has been making the noise off & on ever since we left that place.)  The deductible on our plan is $200.00 and I can just about guarantee that it would have been over that, if we'd been back at that other place.  Chevy charged me $157.00.  And they had it fixed before they said that it would be ready.  They also took me to work and picked me up when they said they would, unlike the other place!  Wish we'd come to our senses before we did, but at least we finally did get there.
 
The major news story is still the tornado and the aftermath.  The death toll is probably final, and it's bad but at least it is not as high as originally feared.  Now, the rebuilding starts.  That can and will take months.
 
I got my two new hummingbird feeders up yesterday.  Of course, it immediately got cool & wet!  But they'll eventually show up.
 
The honeysuckle that we transplanted to the trellis last summer is blooming.  It's barely big enough to start trailing up the trellis, but it is covered with blooms.  The morning glories are all over the trellis as well, I'm not sure if the trellis will be a combination or if one of them will overpower the other.  We'll just have to watch it and see what happens.
 
I will have ST thoughts, but not yet.  I have the thoughts, I'm just not ready to post them.  But they are not positive, at least not where the movie is concerned.  The Borg Queen is not happy!

No comments: